Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm probably asking the same question as many others, but where is the best deals on the PSVR to be had?
    At present I don't have the camera so I'll need the starter set.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,719 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

There must have been some amount of PSVR’s sold thus Christmas was trying to track down move controllers and Argos were sold out smyths were sold out most gamestops were sold out and amazon had no stock managed to get a set in swords GameStop but I see it as a positive in the amount of people who now own it, let’s hope Sony continue to provide good support for it for the next couple of years!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm probably asking the same question as many others, but where is the best deals on the PSVR to be had?

Im on the look out too.. But everywhere in Dublin is sold out..... Smyths have on their website that stock due back in sometime in January,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Hey Cidey - thinking of getting one then ? I took the plunge just before Christmas and I've been really enjoying it !

If I see any good offers I'll let you know..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    Im on the look out too.. But everywhere in Dublin is sold out..... Smyths have on their website that stock due back in sometime in January,

same issue in Limerick only place that has them is cex but at €45 each i would prefer to wait until they are available new

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

Anyone any idea why my move controller connects ok but the led sphere won't switch on? I got a new one recently from Cex and not sure is this the new one or the one I had already.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

sweetie wrote: »
    Anyone any idea why my move controller connects ok but the led sphere won't switch on? I got a new one recently from Cex and not sure is this the new one or the one I had already.

Are you logging into a different account with one of the Move controllers?

Try restarting the PS4 and just make sure all controllers using the same account.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Hey Cidey - thinking of getting one then ? I took the plunge just before Christmas and I've been really enjoying it !

If I see any good offers I'll let you know..

Thanks,
    I'm probably gonna go preowned, if a good deal can be had.
    But I can't wait to play Polybius and Rez in VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Polybius is pure joy in VR

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jayisplay

Question, what is the difference in the move controllers, I am meant to be buying one off someone tomorrow but it doesn't have the ball thing on top.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

Jayisplay wrote: »
    Question, what is the difference in the move controllers, I am meant to be buying one off someone tomorrow but it doesn't have the ball thing on top.

That one is the navigation controller and can’t be used in VR so don’t bother buying it.

The one on the left here is the one you’re talking about.

B002I0K6X6.03.lg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jayisplay

Doge wrote: »
    That one is the navigation controller and can’t be used in VR so don’t bother buying it.

The one on the left here is the one you’re talking about.

B002I0K6X6.03.lg.jpg
    Oh thanks very much for that, I thought they were the same, cheers

Thanks,
    I'm probably gonna go preowned, if a good deal can be had.
    But I can't wait to play Polybius and Rez in VR!

Rez is the biz but I didn't know about Polybius !!

Thumper is also very cool in PSVR

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

Not sure if it has been mentioned here but starblood arena is free at the moment with ps+.
    I didn't even manage to get past the tutorial without feeling motion sickness. But someone else might enjoy it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

Not sure if it has been mentioned here but starblood arena is free at the moment with ps+.
    I didn't even manage to get past the tutorial without feeling motion sickness. But someone else might enjoy it

Had a quick blast of it yesterday and found it fun. I must be pretty resistant to motion sickness, I haven't succumbed yet on anything i've tried.

Can anyone explain what's so great about Super Hot? I've gone back to it and it's just plain annoying. Tracking is bad, you can't throw stuff properly, it only works sometimes, and that's not good enough. You have to repeat the same previous levels if your stuck on one, which I am. No option to start again, you just contue doing the same levels you've cleared a thoudand times before you get to the one you're stuck on and it's just the same **** over and over. People declaring this as the best VR game there, I really don't see it.

Can anyone explain what's so great about Super Hot? I've gone back to it and it's just plain annoying. Tracking is bad, you can't throw stuff properly, it only works sometimes, and that's not good enough. You have to repeat the same previous levels if your stuck on one, which I am. No option to start again, you just contue doing the same levels you've cleared a thoudand times before you get to the one you're stuck on and it's just the same **** over and over. People declaring this as the best VR game there, I really don't see it.

Hmm the tracking wasn't really an issue for me, do you have no tracking issues in other games?

For throwing it's more of a "push" movement, i.e. you move you arm forward and then let go of the button while in this movement and the objects will go in that direction. You get faster the more you practice. You don't just "flick" throwing stars, you sort of push them at the enemy.

This is the only game where I've really felt like I've had to perform some acrobatics to dodge bullets, and crouch behind desks etc (kills your calf muscles after a while) so I love it for that. Makes you feel like a badass as you improve.

Sending you back to do levels you've already beaten is stupid. Badly structured game I think, each to their own of course. I think it's just bad.

Would you consider second hand ?
    One here on DoneDeal
    Could be OK if it has receipt with it

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

Sending you back to do levels you've already beaten is stupid. Badly structured game I think, each to their own of course. I think it's just bad.

I never had issues with tracking unless I was crouching and out of sight of the camera. Throwing stuff is fairly hopeless unless the enemy is very close
    I did find it annoying going back to the start of each set of levels when you die but I found you can sometimes bring a weapon forward a level if you pick up the weapon at the exact same time you grab the triangle to go to the next level this can make some of the harder parts much easier if you can start with a gun

• Advertisement

I never had issues with tracking unless I was crouching and out of sight of the camera. Throwing stuff is fairly hopeless unless the enemy is very close
    I did find it annoying going back to the start of each set of levels when you die but I found you can sometimes bring a weapon forward a level if you pick up the weapon at the exact same time you grab the triangle to go to the next level this can make some of the harder parts much easier if you can start with a gun

Yeah you can throw weapons to yourself before you teleport to the next location.

The Superhot speedrun guys do this... takes some skill alright.

I managed to do it at the section where you face off against 3 shotguns outside the mansion.

If you forget about the horrible move control scheme and use a pad only, Hustle Kings VR is really nice, very relaxing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,719 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Yeah I was going to buy it but it didn’t look that interesting to me and I play VR from my seat I don’t have room to be moving around so it’s a no buy for me.

Yeah I was going to buy it but it didn’t look that interesting to me and I play VR from my seat I don’t have room to be moving around so it’s a no buy for me.

It's defo a mover alright, not a Skyrim.

Actually I play most games sitting now too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

Would you consider second hand ?
    One here on DoneDeal
    Could be OK if it has receipt with it

I think cidey would be better off staying patient and waiting for it drop down in price again unless he finds a decent deal on adverts.

It's only a matter of time before it pops up on hotukdeals at a reduced price.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭willciviceg5

Here’s one for decent value @ €330.00 but I will probably hold out for better
    http://www.simplygames.com/p/playstation-vr-starter-pack-ps4

Anybody got any recommendations for "experiences" ?
    I'm more thinking of something that can show the potential of PSVR to non-gamers, like if someone if visiting and they'd like to try out VR ?
    The ocean one in Worlds is pretty good - any other recommendations ?
    I was half looking at the rollercoaster one for a fiver

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I'm more thinking of something that can show the potential of PSVR to non-gamers, like if someone if visiting and they'd like to try out VR ?

There's a Chernobyl one for sale at the minute - i bought it but admittedly have yet to try it.

How about Apollo 11 VR? There's some gameplay but you can sit back for most of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭al87987

This was my favourite part of the game. It was like an old school 80's arcade game that punishes mistakes ruthlessly. Me and a friend completed the game in about 4 hours and thought it was excellent.

We play sitting down too which means sometimes you can't pick up weapons but just means you have to get creative. Throws take a bit to get used to but are handy enough and once you beat a level 4/5 times you should be able to get through in about 30 seconds.

Currently trying to complete on hardcore which is sped up and only 1 bullet per gun which is great. Headshots only was tough but managed it in the end.

• Advertisement

Lots of great free experiences like

- The Chainsmokers - Paris (I'd never heard of the band before but the song is pretty cool and the experience is great)

- Allumette is good too. Have a box of Kleenex ready. :P

- Bound (not free unless you got it free before) is pretty cool to experience even just looking around the world. You could do the controls via the shared screen.

- Kitchen demo.

- Little star (one for Granddad I reckon) ;)

Advertisement