Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Stay away from that Rollercoaster Dreams, it's just the worst, the dirt worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

turns out the ps move I bought from CEX before xmas for €22 is broken so I'm going to return it but the last one on george's st has sold since yesterday and they are now €45!
    No others near me to replace it with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

I take it you didn't like it then ? :)

It's atrocious, there's a new Rollercoaster game out soon. Wait for that.

It's atrocious, there's a new Rollercoaster game out soon. Wait for that.
    Cool - at least you only spent a fiver on it !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Company in Dublin made that.. and Sneaky Bears, which is actually decent.

I think that was all, not much more anyway.Don't be afraid to show them Youtube VR, not the flat 360 videos. There are fully VR 3D videos. There's a White House tour video where you end up sitting across from Michelle Obama as she talks about stuff. It's really creepy, in a mind blowing way.

mrcheez wrote: »
    Company in Dublin made that.. and Sneaky Bears, which is actually decent.

Looks like it was banged out in 2 hours on Unity. Sneaky Bears supposed to be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Lots of great free experiences like

- The Chainsmokers - Paris (I'd never heard of the band before but the song is pretty cool and the experience is great)

- Allumette is good too. Have a box of Kleenex ready. :P

- Bound (not free unless you got it free before) is pretty cool to experience even just looking around the world. You could do the controls via the shared screen.

- Kitchen demo.

- Little star (one for Granddad I reckon) ;)

where are these experiences?

little star i know all about :D

dunworth1 wrote: »
    where are these experiences?

little star i know all about :D

Are they not on the store any longer?

Maybe you need to create a US account.

Edit: hmm seems you cant get the Chainsmokers one any longer
    https://mobile.twitter.com/playstation/status/858372823349215232?lang=en

That sets a worrying precedent, do they normally remove things from the Playstation store like that??

What happens if your drive fails and you need to re download old content?

• Advertisement

Are they not on the store any longer?

Maybe you need to create a US account.

Edit: hmm seems you cant get the Chainsmokers one any longer
    https://mobile.twitter.com/playstation/status/858372823349215232?lang=en

That sets a worrying precedent, do they normally remove things from the Playstation store like that??

What happens if your drive fails and you need to re download old content?

If you have something already in the library, you can always download it again. You just can't get that Chainsmokers thing now, if you haven't before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

If you have something already in the library, you can always download it again. You just can't get that Chainsmokers thing now, if you haven't before.

Is that true for the likes of PT? I think that was removed and couldn’t be downloaded even if you had it in the library. As in, you can only still get it if you already have it downloaded. I’m not deleting it anyway just in case. Had a look at that chainsmokers song experience on YouTube, it looks like fun, wish I downloaded it.

Was playing >observer_ through the headset the other night when Dancing with the stars was on. The grimy, decaying, digital world is well suited to it.

Is that true for the likes of PT? I think that was removed and couldn’t be downloaded even if you had it in the library. As in, you can only still get it if you already have it downloaded. I’m not deleting it anyway just in case. Had a look at that ichainsmokers song experience on YouTube, it looks like fun, wish I downloaded it.

I'd heard great things about PT and annoyed it was removed.

Perhaps the publishers need to keep paying Sony to keep it up there

I think if you had PT downloaded you could still get it up to a point. The fact it was free meant that they could get rid of it whenever they wanted. Some people are selling PS4's with PT on the hard drive for a lot of money.

I have Outrun HD on my Xbox account. I'm pretty sure if I ever het another Xbox I can download it no problem, but you haven't been able to buy it for years.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

You can download PT so long as you had it previously.

Someone on boards posted how to do it, that's how I got it back.

F1ngers wrote: »
    You can download PT so long as you had it previously.

Someone on boards posted how to do it, that's how I got it back.

Could probably do it on a new console by logging in using a different user's account that had PT downloaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Started up the Vr for the first time since Xmas. Rush Of Blood...no thanks. Don't like Roller-coasters.

Eve Valkyrie. This feels fantastic. I'm into this.

So I tried Farpoint with the aim controller last night. Wow. It's the biz !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Grayditch wrote: »
    Started up the Vr for the first time since Xmas. Rush Of Blood...no thanks. Don't like Roller-coasters.

Eve Valkyrie. This feels fantastic. I'm into this.

Give Rush of Blood another chance. I don't even notice the roller coaster aspect of it. It's all about the jump scares

gerrybbadd wrote:
    Give Rush of Blood another chance. I don't even notice the roller coaster aspect of it. It's all about the jump scares

Yeah it's great fun indeed

In rush of blood the guns feel wrong if I'm using the moves. As in they are about a foot away from where they should be. Anyone else get that?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

In rush of blood the guns feel wrong if I'm using the moves. As in they are about a foot away from where they should be. Anyone else get that?

Yep. It feels weird. The right one always seems to be pointing awkwardly for me too, not matter how much I calibrate or sit differently.

Anybody interested in swapping Skyrim vr for gran turismo sport?

Can't see anyone who has played Skyrim VR ever getting rid of it. It's on sale in the store though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,625 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I mentioned on here that I bought a 2nd hand psvr before Xmas as Santa was bringing my son a ps4.

Just wanted to see what it was all about.

Had to let the dust settle after Xmas, and hooked it up tonight for the 1St time, and I am blown away!

It is amazing.

I have not games since the late 80s, but this could easily get me hooked again.

Only had a few hours with VR world's, a demo of The Last Guardian and Alumette , and can't believe what this technology is capable of.

I'm a little dizzy ok, played maybe 4 hrs, buteo think it was really that bloody Luge that did it. I was fine before that and felt odd during it.

Can't say what was the best bit of it all. Probably being chased by the Russians along the roads of London. Simply upstanding how you can look out the window and behind you.

Also, in that Last Guardian demo, the sense of height is scary for the 1St time.

I also have Far Point and an aim controller bought from the Tesco deal last month, must get them hooked up tomorrow.

EDIT: one small complaint. I seemed to find it hard to get the optimum positioning of the set on my head to provide the crispest image. Seems to change from game to game. And the text was never pin sharp in screen but perhaps it never is?

Do the IPD settings in the VR settings section, it will adjust everything to your eyes that way.

Can't see anyone who has played Skyrim VR ever getting rid of it. It's on sale in the store though.
    I know, but no harm asking!

• Advertisement

NIMAN wrote: »
    EDIT: one small complaint. I seemed to find it hard to get the optimum positioning of the set on my head to provide the crispest image. Seems to change from game to game. And the text was never pin sharp in screen but perhaps it never is?

It's never going to be as sharp as your TV, and at first that bothered me, but then over time you realise graphical fidelity takes secondary importance to immersion when playing VR.

It's why when I play Driveclub (which is notoriously blurry) I didn't even notice that the graphics weren't the sharpest, not as a compromise, but purely because it doesn't really affect the experience.

When you literally turn your neck muscles to peer over your shoulder at oncoming cars, you really don't care about whether you can clearly read every detail on the spedometer.

Advertisement