Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Does the Ps Pro make a big difference to the graphics on a lot of Vr games?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Grayditch wrote: »
    Does the Ps Pro make a big difference to the graphics on a lot of Vr games?

Yes, quite a lot for some games specifically coded to take advantage like Skyrim.

I'd go Pro but I cant fit the larger profile console in my media centre so sticking with Slim and upscaling using an mCable.

Using Pro would have more of an upgrade than the cable though.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=29s&v=rvDlAymyA6E

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I think I'll upgrade before I start Skyrim, so.

Grayditch wrote: »
    I think I'll upgrade before I start Skyrim, so.

Indeed, good comparison here

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=145s&v=6pDWp2Mhhag

I'd go Pro if I could but for me the aesthetics of my sleek media centre outweigh the need for a little sharpness ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

This seems to be the best bargain out there,
    I'd be a tad nervous buying from them though, anyone else use them at all??

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/s0ny-playstation-vr-gran-turismo-sport-bundle.html#/product/22788

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/s0ny-playstation-vr-gran-turismo-sport-bundle.html#/product/22788

I bought my LG V20 phone from them. Came from China and took 2 weeks via courier.

A lot of discussion about them on the android forum here as a fair few people get phones from them - have a read: Linky

I found them fine and shelled out the same amount of money as the PSVR for my phone

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

I bought from them before also, took about a week and the package actually came from Manchester by courier iirc.
    All customs duties are paid for by them so you don’t have to worry about that.

Just played rush of blood for the first time last night and wow!

The level with the
    pigs 🐖 🐖
    is freaky, the sound is amazing when they
    start squealing

And also the level with the
    giant clown sticking his head in front of you
    was an amazing idea and makes the game very trippy!

Can’t wait to play more of it, for a game that was only €20 on release it is very polished and a lot of work went into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭willciviceg5

Is this the new version or the old version?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Is this the new version or the old version?

I don't know.
    The game is pretty recent but, perhaps they are burning through old stock of the original....

Edit: This confirms that the US version at least is the old model

• Advertisement

I don't know.
    The game is pretty recent but, perhaps they are burning through old stock of the original....

I got the same package and it's the older version of the headset.
    Doesn't bother me really as it's just HDR passthrough and integrated headphone connection.
    The VR quality etc it the exact same: https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/11/the-new-playstation-vr-headset-doesnt-have-to-exist/

• Registered Users Posts: 33,625 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

For anyone who can pick up cheap versions of the PSVR Version 1, go for it.

You'll not be disappointed, it is amazing.

I bought mine 2nd hand and cannot believe how good they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Bought the new VR headset just before Christmas there, with Skyrim. Out of the VR games that are discounted on the PS Store (and in the offer that ends this Friday), would anyone who’s had experience with some of them, like to recommend a few must-haves? :)

Did you go for it Cidey ???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

So I played a solid 2 hours of skyrim on VR last night and I have come to the conclusion that I will never even scratch the surface of this game in VR its just far too big a game and I just dont have the time to play it in VR. How I would have loved this game and VR when I was like 14 or 15 but not that I am 38 married and 3 kids the thought of finishing this game in VR is fanciful to say the least. So I think I will go for the game on switch as I have never played the game before on other systems and this game would be ideal for on the go and on the couch play. For anyone that is on the fence about VR and Skyrim and has the time to play the game I would say go for it you are in for one heck of an adventure.

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Did you go for it Cidey ???

I've not jumped just yet..

Payday Thursday, along with the rest of the public service, might jump then.

Tell you what though, since I made an account with the site and popped the device into my basket there, I'm getting several emails a day from them prompting me to buy it, am I interested in the rest of their stock and so on, all quite intrusive tbh.

I've not jumped just yet..

Payday Thursday, along with the rest of the public service, might jump then.

Tell you what though, since I made an account with the site and popped the device into my basket there, I'm getting several emails a day from them prompting me to buy it, am I interested in the rest of their stock and so on, all quite intrusive tbh.
    Yep - they're fond of the old email alright....
    Can't remember if I unsubscribed or hit "Mark as spam"....

So I played a solid 2 hours of skyrim on VR last night and I have come to the conclusion that I will never even scratch the surface of this game in VR its just far too big a game and I just dont have the time to play it in VR. How I would have loved this game and VR when I was like 14 or 15 but not that I am 38 married and 3 kids the thought of finishing this game in VR is fanciful to say the least. So I think I will go for the game on switch as I have never played the game before on other systems and this game would be ideal for on the go and on the couch play. For anyone that is on the fence about VR and Skyrim and has the time to play the game I would say go for it you are in for one heck of an adventure.

Indeed. If I ever get married and/or have kids I reckon my gaming days are over apart from occasional mobile sessions.

Part of the reason I'm trying to clear off my backlog now as if I've got something terminal ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

mrcheez wrote: »
    Indeed. If I ever get married and/or have kids I reckon my gaming days are over apart from occasional mobile sessions.

Part of the reason I'm trying to clear off my backlog now as if I've got something terminal ;)

Enjoy it lad... Enjoy it!

Right, just dropped €260 on the GT Sport PS VR combo set, I'll probably trade the game in soon as, pick up something less boring instead.

• Advertisement

Right, just dropped €260 on the GT Sport PS VR combo set, I'll probably trade the game in soon as, pick up something less boring instead.

Nice one! Let me know how you get on with trading GT Sport as I still have mine in its plastic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

is it the new version of the headset ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭smokingman

That Starblood Arena is great craic with friends!

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    is it the new version of the headset ?

No, previous, but I've no need for the HDR passthru and the headphone jack doesn't bother either.

I can't wait to play Rez and Polybius in VR.
    Also, and perhaps most peculiarly, I'll be playing TxK on my PSTV in cinematic mode, that game is amazing still!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

smokingman wrote: »
    That Starblood Arena is great craic with friends!

I find it almost impossible to control, it's a really weird way they have it set up. Can't get anywhere in it.

No, previous, but I've no need for the HDR passthru and the headphone jack doesn't bother either.

I can't wait to play Rez and Polybius in VR.
    Also, and perhaps most peculiarly, I'll be playing TxK on my PSTV in cinematic mode, that game is amazing still!

Forgot to ask if you have a pair of move controllers thrown somewhere in your pile of gaming treasure?

They’re a must for PSVR imo, and rush of bloood is a must also with the cheap price.

Don't forget Resident Evil and Skyrim, if you're not playing them, you're doing it wrong.

Doge wrote: »
    Forgot to ask if you have a pair of move controllers thrown somewhere in your pile of gaming treasure?

They’re a must for PSVR imo, and rush of bloood is a must also with the cheap price.

I have one, but I think Dinorex has it.

Time to get it back!!

Don't forget Resident Evil and Skyrim, if you're not playing them, you're doing it wrong.

I don't play Skyrim, that's Cidonalads job!
    He's dropped an obscene amount of hours in the PS3 edition and has since matched that on the Switch.

Resident Evil 7 on the other hand looks like a definite maybe.
    I like my bowel contents where they are, until suitable lodgings are found, a brown trouser game like that on a normal display might be a step too far in VR!

• Advertisement

I would recommend giving Skyrim at least an hour. Even though you may be very familiar with it, VR is a completely different experience. The PS3 version is like listening to someone on the radio describe Skyrim, where VR is you in Skyrim for real.

Resi 7 has the worst feeling of actual dread I've experienced in my life. It's great!

Advertisement