Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I only got 10% way into this before I jumped into something else, so I'll need to have a full uninterrupted playthrough in coming weeks.

I recall there were several different movement/rotation options though with scales from 1-10 or something. What are the best settings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

mrcheez wrote: »
    I only got 10% way into this before I jumped into something else, so I'll need to have a full uninterrupted playthrough in coming weeks.

I recall there were several different movement/rotation options though with scales from 1-10 or something. What are the best settings?

Skyrim? Best thing is to just free movement. Teleporting is insane, I don't know how anyone can do it.

Sorry no Resi 7

Might have found tips here: https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/5glsmv/re7_settings_motion_sickness/

I just faintly recall there being a lot of customisation options.

Im probably only 10% into Skyrim too, but thats after playing for 20 hours ;)

Yeah Resi has a VR option, I just turned all the motion sickness stuff off. You'll be well used to VR now surely?

Yeah Resi has a VR option, I just turned all the motion sickness stuff off. You'll be well used to VR now surely?

It's not motion sickness I'm worried about, just the most immersive control method.

I think the last time I played I actually physically rotated my body rather than turned using the joypad, but nowadays I tend to play long games seated. One guy in that reddit suggests keeping your head straight at all times.

Anyway I'll play around with the settings if theres no hard and fast rule about the best ones to use.

• Advertisement

About to get stuck into The Inpatient. Me bleedin' nerves!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

About to get stuck into The Inpatient. Me bleedin' nerves!!!!!

Ohh you got it early.Enjoy it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Bought the new VR headset just before Christmas there, with Skyrim. Out of the VR games that are discounted on the PS Store (and in the offer that ends this Friday), would anyone who’s had experience with some of them, like to recommend a few must-haves? :)

Got no responses to my request for advice. :( Any must-have recommendations before the sale ends tomorrow would be very much appreciated! :)

Got no responses to my request for advice. :( Any must-have recommendations before the sale ends tomorrow would be very much appreciated! :)

There's a sale on??

Heh... so there is... here you go:

Raw Data: https://psprices.com/region-ie/game/1791252/raw-data

Superhot: https://psprices.com/region-ie/game/1529735/superhot-vr

Pinball FX: https://psprices.com/region-ie/game/999088/pinball-fx2-vr

Note you will need Moves for Raw Data and Superhot.

If you're only going to get one game, get Superhot.

a few more...

Tumble VR: https://psprices.com/region-ie/game/965912/tumble-vr

Statik: https://psprices.com/region-ie/game/1336326/statik

Windlands: https://psprices.com/region-ie/game/976039/windlands

Statik is one of the greatest games ever made for VR btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Smyths and Gamestop still sold out....

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Duffers1983

Can pick up Skyrim vr here in Paris for 15 euro will it play in English if I bought it or will it be french

Can pick up Skyrim vr here in Paris for 15 euro will it play in English if I bought it or will it be french

Was curious so looked this up

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/7dep2z/xpost_rskyrimpsvr_skyrim_on_playstation_vr_faq/?st=jcky3t4n&sh=4e331c55

seems to suggest it will default to English but have French/German options.

Of course this is just a guess, but sure it's only €15 so worth a gamble!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Cheers for those recommendations MrCheez! Must pick up a few, I’ll definitely buy Statik now. :) I saw a demo of Windlands (on IGN’s snapchat haha) and loved the look of it so must get that too while it’s reduced in price.

I saw a demo of Windlands (on IGN’s snapchat haha) and loved the look of it so must get that too while it’s reduced in price.

It's an awesome sense of flight, triggers my fear of heights.

I think Ultrawings is supposed to have a similar effect.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My joy be somewhat confined....
    I made the order to eglobalcentral and no sign of the "in stock" item being shipped.
    Sent off an email and I'm told it's not technically in stock and they are awaiting a delivery, and do I mind waiting or would I prefer a refund.
    So, awaiting I will be, for another few days, looking like it'll be February before I get my head into Drive Club VR.
    Bugger.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    My joy be somewhat confined....
    I made the order to eglobalcentral and no sign of the "in stock" item being shipped.
    Sent off an email and I'm told it's not technically in stock and they are awaiting a delivery, and do I mind waiting or would I prefer a refund.
    So, awaiting I will be, for another few days, looking like it'll be February before I get my head into Drive Club VR.
    Bugger.

Ah bugger - hang in there - you got it at a great price, and it's worth the wait. If it makes you feel any better I had mine for 3 weeks or more but had to wait till Christmas to try it - then I got an awful does at Christmas and didn't get to use it till the New Year.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ah, it'll be grand I'm sure.
    I had to wait around a month for my Namco Museum complete set and display for the PS1 to ship from Japan and clear customs, incurring a significant charge along the way, I can wait a week or two for PlayStation VR!

I hope to God Namco or similar are working on a vr arcade museum type thing, if you remember Microsoft's game room which was a flop at the time, but if that was in VR it would be a different story.

Something like this would be great.

I hope to God Namco or similar are working on a vr arcade museum type thing, if you remember Microsoft's game room which was a flop at the time, but if that was in VR it would be a different story.

Something like this would be great.

You have an Oculus though don't you?

I have this on mine and it's superb, but only downside is the game ends when you look left or right as anyone would when playing in a real arcade.

• Advertisement

I have yeah, but I have a DK2 and the resolution isn't as good, plus my graphics card isn't up to much so it's on low settings. Still amazing though. I can only imagine how good a properly done, official one on PSVR would be. Just a massive arcade where you can just buy games as you go along, I'd be all over it.

https://www.maplin.co.uk/p/sony-playstation-vr-starter-pack-cuh-zvr2-a96yq

£299 for starter kit in Maplin UK.

Seems like a good deal. Version 2 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Quick question. I have the vr set up on a launch ps4. So only have one usb free. I'm picking up a hard drive and that will take the last slot. But if I need to charge the pad while gaming (not using vr) can I unplug the usb to be and continue to game away even tho the HDMI passes through the vr box

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

has anyone spotted the move controllers anywhere?
    out of stick in gs, smyths and argos. Cex have them but at €50 euro each

dunworth1 wrote: »
    has anyone spotted the move controllers anywhere?
    out of stick in gs, smyths and argos. Cex have them but at €50 euro each

Saw them in Currys(cork) today but didn't check the price

CptMackey wrote: »
    Quick question. I have the vr set up on a launch ps4. So only have one usb free. I'm picking up a hard drive and that will take the last slot. But if I need to charge the pad while gaming (not using vr) can I unplug the usb to be and continue to game away even tho the HDMI passes through the vr box

You could charge the pad on a laptop or anything with a usb port.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

CptMackey wrote: »

Can confirm, no. I'm using a launch ps4 too.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Can confirm, no. I'm using a launch ps4 too.

Thanks for that. Good to know

• Registered Users Posts: 33,625 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Tried to play Drive Club VR demo the other day, lasted about 2mins. Gave me terrible head fairly rapidly. Like that downhill Luge demo.

Question, I have a free VR demo of star wars battlefront that is showing as purchased when I go through the shop listing, but can't see it listed on my library.

How do I see it?

• Advertisement

NIMAN wrote: »
    Tried to play Drive Club VR demo the other day, lasted about 2mins. Gave me terrible head fairly rapidly. Like that downhill Luge demo.

Question, I have a free VR demo of star wars battlefront that is showing as purchased when I go through the shop listing, but can't see it listed on my library.

How do I see it?

You need to download the Battlefront game first, you launch it from in there.

Advertisement