Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Inpatient is meant to be absolute tripe.

Just a heads up before you go spend 40 quid on it.
    Check some reviews and videos

Disappointing...I had high hopes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

mrcheez wrote: »
    I use an ironing board :D

Actually works pretty well, plus easy to pack away. Don't have the room to store a gaming seat when not in use.

Hmmm interesting idea.

Going for a wheel stand pro, dont have the space for a full setup either!
    http://www.wheelstandpro.com

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

coolisin wrote: »
    Hmmm interesting idea.

Going for a wheel stand pro, dont have the space for a full setup either!
    http://www.wheelstandpro.com

That looks good but it seems you need to bolt in the steering wheel/pedals every time you want to use it so it'd be a pass for me.

With the ironing board I can be up and running in about 2 mins, and just as long to pack away after.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Inpatient is meant to be absolute tripe.

Just a heads up before you go spend 40 quid on it.
    Check some reviews and videos

Disappointing...I had high hopes :(

That's a kick in the nuts, loved Until Dawn...

Edit: I went and looked at a few reviews there and it doesn't appear to be that bad. The major issues appear to be with the controls. Still, the €30-€40 price range it's currently falling under is just a bit much at this point.

I might look into it if it falls under €15, and if my backlog clears... So probably never.

Nailz wrote: »
    it doesn't appear to be that bad. The major issues appear to be with the controls.

I think one of the main complaints is that half the game (one of the two hours) is spent in one room having a conversation with your cell mate.

It's definitely one of those "wait till it's €7.99" deals for me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Wait till it's free. 2 hours is the length of a decent demo. Disgraceful price.

Wait till it's free. 2 hours is the length of a decent demo. Disgraceful price.

Superhot is around 2 hours or less, granted it has some re-playability, but even 2 hours in that is well worth €30!

I prefer short games these days anyway.

Superhot is around 2 hours or less, granted it has some re-playability, but even 2 hours in that is well worth €30!

I prefer short games these days anyway.

I definitely fall in line with this way of thinking nowadays. It's tough to actually play through most games these days when they're 10 hours longs, let alone hundreds of hours long.

With work and life outside of that, it's nigh on impossible to even scratch the surface of many of the best games being released these days, and that pains me. :pac:

I haven't been able to play any of MGS 5 or Witcher 3 for more than 10 hours before losing track of it by being taken away from gaming for extended periods. I haven't even played Skyrim in VR yet even though it's sitting on my PS4...

I went back to Witcher 3 the other day, I'm more into now than ever. What a game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Still no sign of my PSVR from eglobal :(
    Emailed them and they quote stock shortages, but I've a feeling that this was a limited package y Sony, to burn through stocks of the first gen headset and it's no longer supplied.
    I just have to decide how long I want to wait before asking for a refund.

• Advertisement

Endspace is a bad game. If you need to play a space shooter, just get EVE.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Finally, my PSVR is shipped!

About fecking time!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

That looks good but it seems you need to bolt in the steering wheel/pedals every time you want to use it so it'd be a pass for me.

With the ironing board I can be up and running in about 2 mins, and just as long to pack away after.

The wheelstand is the same to set up and a whole lot more secure.
    Folds up neatly with the wheel attached.

I'd defo recommend it, far better than an ironing board/table.

This forum has to be moved over to the new VR forum too.. thanks!

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1829

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Finally, my PSVR is shipped!

About fecking time!
    That’s what you get for being a cheapskate! :P

We’ll have to play Drive Club in multiplayer sometime.

Doge wrote: »
    That’s what you get for being a cheapskate! :P

We’ll have to play Drive Club in multiplayer sometime.

I am not a fan of Gran Turismo at all and prefer Drive Club but reviews seem contrasting about the latter.

I am not a fan of Gran Turismo at all and prefer Drive Club but reviews seem contrasting about the latter.

I found the resolution in the demo of drive club vr to be absolutely awful but then a lot of people seem to like the full game.

Doge wrote: »
    I found the resolution in the demo of drive club vr to be absolutely awful but then a lot of people seem to like the full game.

Resolution in the full game is OK, but still pretty blurry.

The weirdest thing is, though, it really doesn't matter as the immersion is top notch. It's one of those VR games where at first you're dismayed by the low resolution, then you find yourself an hour later still stuck with hands gripped to the wheel saying "just one more go and then I'm deleting this horribl...BEAUTIFUL ENCHANTING WONDERFUL GAME!"

Did I mention get a wheel? Get a wheel.

The weirdest thing is, though, it really doesn't matter as the immersion is top notch. It's one of those VR games where at first you're dismayed by the low resolution, then you find yourself an hour later still stuck with hands gripped to the wheel saying "just one more go and then I'm deleting this horribl...BEAUTIFUL ENCHANTING WONDERFUL GAME!"

I have one, never use the thing.
    Might use it now....

• Advertisement

Have a wheel but now it's on duty for the Oculus Rift elsewhere in the house. I played the demo with the wheel at the time but wasn't really impressed.

Might have to give the full game a go with the controller.

If you want the best visuals for a full driving game (not half-arsed like GT) go for Dirt Rally (make sure you have the Dirt Rally VR add on which is a separate purchase).

I prefer Driveclub though because, well, it's more arcadey and more forgiving. I just want to go fast!
    Probably why I'm going to love Wipeout when it comes to PSVR.

GT looks best though and it has the handling down perfectly. It just feels better. Driveclub feels like you're car is made of paper.

I know you can only do a "tour" in GT Sport against one other AI-controlled car, but it truly feels like a wonderful experience in VR in spite of this, I feel more so than DriveClub, and even Dirt to an extent.

Driving the Willow Springs desert track in a '66 Shelby Cobra 427 is totally awesome. The roofless frame lets the desert sun beam into the car, giving you a weird sensation of actually being exposed to the sun with a UV index of 12. Also because of having no roof, the engine is so bloody loud and in a '66 Cobra it just sounds great.

I understand there's very little 'game' in that compared to DriveClub and Dirt, but as far as experiences go, GT Sport trumps both of them IMO. And VR is all about the experience. :)

mik_da_man wrote: »
    The wheelstand is the same to set up and a whole lot more secure.
    Folds up neatly with the wheel attached.

I'd defo recommend it, far better than an ironing board/table.

It's pretty pricey for what it is though.

Do you not need to screw in the wheel or pedals? Seems like it would take several minutes to setup and take apart each time.

Any lengthy setups like that would dissuade me from playing unless I was really committed. Pick up and play is what I prefer where possible.

Possibly a n00biest of n00b questions but what, right now, are the essential PSVR game purchases?
    I've already got Thumper, Rez Infinite, Polybius and that Star Wars add on for Battlefront.

Possibly a n00biest of n00b questions but what, right now, are the essential PSVR game purchases?
    I've already got Thumper, Rez Infinite, Polybius and that Star Wars add on for Battlefront.

Hmm better off posting this in the new VR forum?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1829

You'll get more responses there as it's frequented by PSVR / Rift / Vive etc users all existing in blissful VR-harmony.

I'm unsubbing from this thread lads, it's been great, but the new VR home beckons. See ya there! :cool:

Res 7 and Skyrim are so far above everything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭99 Bortles of Beer

I never saw the appeal of Super Hot until I bought it.

Absolutely stupendous fun.

• Advertisement

I never saw the appeal of Super Hot until I bought it.

Absolutely stupendous fun.

I have the non VR edition, it's superb.
    Not buying Skyrim again, recently got it again, this time for the Switch, I've yet to pay it though my son is putting serious hours into it.

Advertisement