Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Flat Skyrim and Skyrim VR are absolutely nothing alike. I've played Skyrim when it came out on PS3, 200 hours, played Special Edition too to completion. VR is like a totally different experience. Trade the switch version when your son is done and get VR.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Flat Skyrim and Skyrim VR are absolutely nothing alike. I've played Skyrim when it came out on PS3, 200 hours, played Special Edition too to completion. VR is like a totally different experience. Trade the switch version when your son is done and get VR.

Nope, Skyrim on the Switch is a revelation, according to my son, so it ain't going anywhere!

The Pierhead Arcade is a nice mini game collection. Worth getting for the bowling which is nicely done. Not perfect by any means, but fun. I can't believe there hasn't been a bowling game yet for PSVR. It's perfect for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Possibly a n00biest of n00b questions but what, right now, are the essential PSVR game purchases?
    I've already got Thumper, Rez Infinite, Polybius and that Star Wars add on for Battlefront.

As a start I downloaded and started playing all the free stuff first to just have quick experiences, help me find my feet in it.

Playroom VR
    Spiderman Homecoming VR
    The last Guardian VR Demo
    Call of Duty Jackal Assault

• Registered Users Posts: 33,625 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

It's probably the best thing to show someone on the fence about VR, it's a real mindblower. Make sure to use the headphones and turn them waaaaay up.

So finally got round to putting Battlefront on, but the star wars VR experience not showing up in the library.

Anyone any ideas why not? Does the vr have to be powered up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

NIMAN wrote: »
    So finally got round to putting Battlefront on, but the star wars VR experience not showing up in the library.

Anyone any ideas why not? Does the vr have to be powered up?

It will show up in the game menu of battlefront you need to launch the game think it’s on the first menu page.

coolisin wrote: »
    It will show up in the game menu of battlefront you need to launch the game think it’s on the first menu page.

Still can't see it.

It's updating Battlefront. Downloading 23.25gb.

Do you think I will need to wait for that to download before it will appear, cos can't see any sign of VR mission.

Or else do I need to have an EA account? Cos it's asking me to sign in fairly often.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

Isn't it a free dlc on the store when you own the game

sweetie wrote: »
    Isn't it a free dlc on the store when you own the game

I already downloaded it, it's showing in my notifications as installed.

Just can't get the bloody thing to show on the game menu.

Plus it's a very early release of the game I got a loan of from a friend. It was bundled with a battlefront ps4 package, so was VR even out back then? No sign of any DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

NIMAN wrote: »
    I already downloaded it, it's showing in my notifications as installed.

Just can't get the bloody thing to show on the game menu.

Plus it's a very early release of the game I got a loan of from a friend. It was bundled with a battlefront ps4 package, so was VR even out back then? No sign of any DLC.

I believe some of the VR content came with the Death Star DLC and then you download the Free VR addon.
    So once you have the Updates fully done for the Regular BattleFront game,you should be able to launch the VR version.

• Advertisement

Update battlefront? It should be on the top menu bar, the first thing.

bazzz wrote: »
    I believe some of the VR content came with the Death Star DLC and then you download the Free VR addon.
    So once you have the Updates fully done for the Regular BattleFront game,you should be able to launch the VR version.

It was out before the Deathstar stuff. Nothing to do with that. It's it's own separate download.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Can anyone tell me where I might mind a cheap as chips Move controller? I've already got one, a preowned one of fine too.

It was out before the Deathstar stuff. Nothing to do with that. It's it's own separate download.

I'm sure one of the DLC's contained parts of the VR build,not that it matters.I did also say it was a standalone addon free in the store.Also I did say to make sure all updates are done for the game itself.Thanks :rolleyes:

Can anyone tell me where I might mind a cheap as chips Move controller? I've already got one, a preowned one of fine too.

I traded in two in very good condition(battery life) PS3 move controllers to Gamestop Waterford on Thursday.Maybe they'll sell them on cheap if you contact them.
    Other than that,I can't see many places selling cheap ....they are averaging €40 each in most places.

Why would "parts" of it be in a DLC? It's one mission, search the store for it.

Why would "parts" of it be in a DLC? It's one mission, search the store for it.

Good man,I'm a Battlefield player since it existed and Dice have always added parts of future DLC with updates.Don't be a know it all,I made a simple reply to someone else.You decided to reply to for no reason.Why would you think Battlefront needed updates before you could download and play the free addon.End of story,although something tells me you'll need to get the last word in."ROLLEYES" ;)

You started the obnoxious roll eyes mate. Well done on playing it from the start, so did I. Did you ever notice your PS4 updates games automatically before? You download the VR mission in the store, it just works then. You don't need any other DLC.

You started the obnoxious roll eyes mate. Well done on playing it from the start, so did I. Did you ever notice your PS4 updates games automatically before? You download the VR mission in the store, it just works then. You don't need any other DLC.

lol......"no smilies whatsoever"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

does playing a normal game on ps vr make it feel different, like an fps or the like ?

• Advertisement

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    does playing a normal game on ps vr make it feel different, like an fps or the like ?

Nah, just a big screen. It's not great that way, better off on a tv. Handy if someone is using tv though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

wonder will we see a time where a triple AAA game is released on ps vr.. not like a doom or skyrim remake for ps vr, but a proper stand alone game,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    wonder will we see a time where a triple AAA game is released on ps vr.. not like a doom or skyrim remake for ps vr, but a proper stand alone game,

Resident Evil 7 would like a word

Well. It finally downloaded the updated Battlefront and the Rogue One VR mission appeared.

And once again I have to say it, but VR has to be the future of gaming. Amazing demo. Looking around that xwing cockpit, flying around a star destroyer, thru it's engine exhausts. Amazing.

Thanks for all the advice on here BTW.

My PSVR finally landed.
    Delivered to my office door by DPD.
    It's the gen 1 version, but that's okay.
    What would folk recommend as an affordable wireless headset to use with this thing?
    Can't wait to get home and be allowed to play it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I don't think wireless headsets work with it. They come with some nice in-ears and you can plug any headphones in. You won't be losing out on anything movement/freedom wise, there's wires coming from your vr headset anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

My PSVR finally landed.
    Delivered to my office door by DPD.
    It's the gen 1 version, but that's okay.
    What would folk recommend as an affordable wireless headset to use with this thing?
    Can't wait to get home and be allowed to play it!
    As much as a wireless headphones would sound like the intuitive thing to purchase to go with your PSVR headset, I would advise against it because you can only get the PSVR's 360 audio feature by plugging a 3.5mm audio jack in directly to the PSVR's built-in control unit.

I'm not sure of what audio channels you would typically get if you were to use a bluetooth headset, but I would hazard a guess that it would just be a straight-up 2.1 stereo profile.

Standard Bluetooth headphones don't work with it, see my post a few pages back.

Apparently you need the Sony branded wireless ones for the vr.

I'm just going to stick with the in ear ones that came with my VR headset. As mentioned, you're going to have wires hanging out the back anyway, having the earphones plugged in as well isn't that much more hassle.

Would I need an extension for the 3.5mm cable?
    I've a few bits ready to rock at home though I suspect the first thing that's going to happen is the firmware update :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Would I need an extension for the 3.5mm cable?
    I've a few bits ready to rock at home though I suspect the first thing that's going to happen is the firmware update :(

You shouldn't, the headphones are plugged into a little controler thats falls around around the neck area. It has volume/mute and power etc.

I have the Ps Gold Headset, as well as studios headphones and I honestly just prefer using by the in ear ones that come with it.

Advertisement