Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Would I need an extension for the 3.5mm cable?
    I've a few bits ready to rock at home though I suspect the first thing that's going to happen is the firmware update :(

Nope you want a nice short cabled earphones!
    In fairness the in ear ones that come out with it I find very comfortable. And work well.
    I've tried overear studio headphones with an open cup and Noise cancelling ones.
    And I agree with what others have said the in ears are a nice length.

The two pairs of overear headphones work well and are comfortable with the headset, but the cables are that little bit longer, so I find slightly more annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Just popping in to let you know I've added a new PSVR Bargain Alerts thread on the VR forum

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057838761

Please add to it as you spot bargains, cheers!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, loving my first week of PSVR ownership.
    Initially it was a bit m'eh but I blame the magnolia blandness of GT Sport, Drive Club VR is so much more fun, and dashing about in the mini in Dirt Rally is mint.
    Rush of Blood is priceless and Battlezone is great craic.
    I've yet to try Farpoint though.
    Rez is amazing, Thumper disturbing and Polybius bonkers.
    My game hating spouse played The Last Guardian VR and was amazed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

The other half might enjoy this free experience too

Irish PS Store Link.

It's a nice little story/movie based experience.You should check out the new Demo Disk Ver 2,it's got a lot of nice demo's for you to try out.Here's a random video on it.

Here's the store link for it.It's a 15GB download,worth checking out..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,625 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Was The Last Guardian the full game or the free demo?

The demo is impressive. It was my first VR experience.

Also try to check out the Rogue One VR demo of you have Battlefront.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Well, loving my first week of PSVR ownership.
    Initially it was a bit m'eh but I blame the magnolia blandness of GT Sport, Drive Club VR is so much more fun, and dashing about in the mini in Dirt Rally is mint.
    Rush of Blood is priceless and Battlezone is great craic.
    I've yet to try Farpoint though.
    Rez is amazing, Thumper disturbing and Polybius bonkers.

Job Simulator deserves a go, it shows you what's possible in VR and not possible anywhere else.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

NIMAN wrote: »
    Was The Last Guardian the full game or the free demo?

The demo is impressive. It was my first VR experience.

Also try to check out the Rogue One VR demo of you have Battlefront.

I was first in line to own and play The Last Guardian, and I've watched two VR n00bs being utterly blown away by the VR demo.
    Sad that it won't become a full game but platforming from a first person perspective would be tricky.
    With that in mind, the perfect title would be Metroid Prime, but that is sadly on another console :(
    I have played the Rogue One mission, stunning stuff, great pity too it wasn't matched with Battlefront II.

I get a sense that Sony have poured a fortune into subsidising the VR headset and brought the demos and games we have seen so far, I wonder what we can expect in the coming two years.

Is Eve:Valkyrie worth owning?

I could never get into EVE, I've tried many times. It's just not a patch on the Battlefront mission, not even close. There's another space combat game too but that just absolutely sucks. Endspace. Managed to get a refund for it. If EVE is very cheap maybe give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭kooper

EVE is quite a good game imho, but take into account, it space flight sim, in VR it can make you feel sick quite fast. At least I cannot play EVE more than 30 mins, Playing longer might cause hangover next day :).

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭gmg678

• Advertisement

bazzz wrote: »
    The other half might enjoy this free experience too

Irish PS Store Link.

It's a nice little story/movie based experience.You should check out the new Demo Disk Ver 2,it's got a lot of nice demo's for you to try out.Here's a random video on it.

Here's the store link for it.It's a 15GB download,worth checking out..

I have Allumette downloaded but to be honest haven't watched it right through.

But as an introduction to VR, it is pretty amazing. Being able to stick your head inside the ship/boat in the opening scenes as it comes towards you - mindblowing!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

gmg678 wrote: »

I have this one.
    https://www.amazon.com/Skywin-PSVR-Charging-Display-Stand-PC/dp/B075X47CG7

Not going to recommend it or not recommend it, it functions.
    It does it's job and charges the stuff. Whether you like the design is subjective I guess.
    Tbh mine is pretty much shoved into a corner of the room with other stuff, so it doesn't really look as need as it could (my fault for having laptop/ps4/switch/psvr etc all connected in a small living room space.)

So looks like Wipeout VR is everything we dreamed it would be

mrcheez wrote: »
    So looks like Wipeout VR is everything we dreamed it would be

I just checked out the trailer and it looks like a dizzy head for me!

Any other demo like that has given me terrible motion sickness.

Had a blast for a while there with Wipeout, but it does seem that they restricted the ship models to one and a variant of it, with different skins representing teams.
    That's about the only poor thing about it, otherwise it's amazing.
    I've lost races due to gawping at the environments!

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭TacoMan

Wipeout noob question here (haven't played one since the original back on PS1)

Is there any way to keep the roof clear once the race starts? Before you hit x to start the race you've a deadly view of the arena, but once it starts the damn black roof appears and your vision is limited.

Absolutely loving the game so far, easily the best thing I've played in VR. Mind blowing stuff.

Isn't that the FOV setting?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Lads, if I were to buy Wipeout now, would i get the VR upgrade for free?

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Lads, if I were to buy Wipeout now, would i get the VR upgrade for free?

Yeah, buy Omega Collection

Cheers, I'll mess around with that setting later and see how it goes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Wipeout Omega Collection is currently €17.99 in Argos. MUST GET

This game is gonna bring a load of new people into VR, it's great!

Too bad this forum is only on a "trial" basis eh? :P

Wipeout is the business. Welcome to the future. I love that they have fixed the multiplayer since I last played, you can now just get into a group and it will load random tracks after each race so you can play forever and ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Picked up Bravo team last weekend, definitely not as bad as some people are making out. It definitely still needs some more work, I’ve played about 3 hours and it has some bugs that really hamper the experience, like reoccurring enemies, gun jamming, bad AI, the point and move works well, but I didn’t like the the out of body movement and jumping back into your set position. It’s a shame, because the foundation for a great game is there. They just need to fix some of the bugs, and maybe add an in body movement option. Also, in the campaign mode, there’s a nice intro scene, if they added some more cut scenes like this between levels and added more guns to the weapon inventory, it could be really good. 6/10 for me, hopefully they’ll release a patch down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Regarding Bravo team, I get the impression it was get the game out fix later.
    Which is a pity.

I more then likely will pick it up as I’m hopeful for updates to fix the issues that people have with it.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-03-27-what-went-wrong-with-bravo-team
    "'Hollywood realism' just got in the way of everything," another staff member said. "We didn't have the time or the money to make a first-person shooter in VR, but even then we didn't have a fighting chance because the studio crippled us with these constraints on top.

TL;DR - bad management with unrealistic expectations in a narrow space of time and not enough resources given to the developers

As a developer myself I've been there done that

Turns out it's the confusingly named "headset" setting that removes the annoying roof when you start a race...

Lots of people online getting confused by this, ya'd think the devs could've given it a more meaningful name, or better again just leave the damn thing off to begin with... Ah well, problem solved...

More options the better I think. Silent majority that have issues with VR sickness until they develop their VR legs. Also Sony has a rule all developers must follow that stipulates comfort settings must be on by default.

Naming convention should be standardised alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭s8n

Anyone know if the Rick and Marty VR game is still coming to PSVR and when ?

• Advertisement

s8n wrote: »
    Anyone know if the Rick and Marty VR game is still coming to PSVR and when ?

Coming out April 10th.

Advertisement