Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

Cheapest place to pick up Wipeout??

Argos 18 euro.

I bought mine new online from gamestop Blackpool in Cork and when i went to collect it i noticed there was no seal on it, and i was in a rush so didnt say anything but it turned out to be a pre owned copy. The disc even stopped reading at one point because of dirt on it. Wasn't impressed, won't be giving them my money again.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,624 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

When you buy Wipeout in Argos, you still have to download the VR update don't you?

Which would be a pain for me with incredibly slow broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

NIMAN wrote: »
    When you buy Wipeout in Argos, you still have to download the VR update don't you?

Which would be a pain for me with incredibly slow broadband.

Yep, but worth the wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Doge wrote: »
    Argos 18 euro.

I bought mine new online from gamestop Blackpool in Cork and when i went to collect it i noticed there was no seal on it, and i was in a rush so didnt say anything but it turned out to be a pre owned copy. The disc even stopped reading at one point because of dirt on it. Wasn't impressed, won't be giving them my money again.

I wouldn't ring 999 if the place was on fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,624 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

mrcheez wrote: »
    Yep, but worth the wait!

Anyone know the file size?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

NIMAN wrote: »
    Anyone know the file size?

Just over 5GBs if I remember right.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Dirt Rally has an excellent VR mode, with the whole game playable, and it looks great too.
    Doom VFR has a whole mess of options to reduce motion sickness, I don't suffer from it so I've turned them off, means the game moves like the original have does and I am really enjoying it.
    Pinball is great on it too, instead of the typical digital pinball limitations and compromises with views the table is simply there to be played in VR, simple and effective.

Pinball FX is indeed amazing. Haven't played it in ages though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Pinball FX is indeed amazing. Haven't played it in ages though.

It's probably the most startlingly "normal" uses of the VR headset.
    Just looking down on the table, watching the ball bounding around the playfield, it's just perfect.
    I'd love to see all of the tables from the other releases in the franchise.
    Very impressive.

Yeah season 1 looks like it might have been the last one. No mention of a season 2 yet.

I'd love if they converted all their Marvel tables over, or better yet the Star Wars ones and have little Tie fighters flying around with a Death Star backdrop.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,620 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Blitzed Rush of Blood yesterday. Was stuck to the chair from perspiration from fear!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Gave Rec room a whirl yesterday! Seems like a lot of fun, I'm fairly rubbish at the laser tag, Not a fan of the reloading mechanics.
    Didn't feel the time pass which is always good.

Decided to pick up lethal VR for €4 on the sale, yeah its kinda boring but enjoyable for a quick dive in and out of game.

Yeah season 1 looks like it might have been the last one. No mention of a season 2 yet.

I'd love if they converted all their Marvel tables over, or better yet the Star Wars ones and have little Tie fighters flying around with a Death Star backdrop.

Dev said there's more coming. Wish the Pinball Arcade would do something too, they've just lied about it for years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,006 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

The VR in Wipeout makes it the best racing game I've ever played on any system ever. It's so much better than anything else, another world.
    So guys, if I was to purchase this, will I need the camera and game controllers ? Best price for the full kit ? Really liking the look and user feedback on wipeout.

Think it's 300 now everywhere for the starter kit, camera and headset. You don't need moves for Wipeout.

Think it's 300 now everywhere for the starter kit, camera and headset. You don't need moves for Wipeout.
    Thanks Jeri, one final question if you guys don't mind...the move controllers...any advantage to getting them now (in terms of a price saving with the kit) or just leave them till a later date ?

dodzy wrote: »
    Thanks Jeri, one final question if you guys don't mind...the move controllers...any advantage to getting them now (in terms of a price saving with the kit) or just leave them till a later date ?

If you see them at a discount grab them, but I think they are still full price?

Recommend getting them eventually though as it opens up a world of VR to you.

dodzy wrote: »

100% get them at some point.
    I was lucky as I never got rid of them from the PS3.

But the games that need them are so much better with them.

Argos had a deal for €50 if you bought the starter pack they had them.
    Smyths also had a decent starter pack, move controllers and a couple games bundle.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Do you need to go in store to see that smyths bundle? Can't see it on their website. EDIT: I see you said had :)

Also if you start with Wipeout will all over experiences in VR feel like a let down !? :confused::o

Do you need to go in store to see that smyths bundle? Can't see it on their website. EDIT: I see you said had :)

Also if you start with Wipeout will all over experiences in VR feel like a let down !? :confused::o

Said "HAD" as in it was before the price drop.
    But it was in store only.

• Advertisement

Nope, Wipeout is a very specific type of VR game.

You still have to experience what it's like being Neo from the Matrix while playing Superhot VR.

Or be able to shoot off an arrow and hit a zombie between the eyes in Skyrim VR.

Or have 1000 hot Czech women ... *cough* I've said too much

Nope, Wipeout is a very specific type of VR game.

You still have to experience what it's like being Neo from the Matrix while playing Superhot VR.

Or be able to shoot off an arrow and hit a zombie between the eyes in Skyrim VR.

Or have 1000 hot Czech women ... *cough* I've said too much

Now I see why you were advocating the move controllers :D

Took your advice and reserved the full set in Argos for €350. Many thanks.

Anyone grab the NextVR app in the US store? It's pretty impressive, could easily watch sports like that from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Has anyone tried Rick and Morty yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

D3V!L wrote: »

No really wanted to get it but 30euro for what is apperently a very short game I think I will hold out until it's on sale
    I downloaded accounting plus (made by the same people) and it's pretty funny and it can be replayed a few times but it only takes like 20 mins to complete which i think is a bit of a rip off for the 15 euro it cost

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭TacoMan

New sale on the Irish PS Store: https://psprices.com/region-ie/discounts/?sort=date&platform=PS4&dlc=show

Any of the VR games worth getting? I saw a video of the Planet of The Apes game and it looked decent, but not sure if the video was using PC/Oculus footage.

TacoMan wrote: »
    New sale on the Irish PS Store: https://psprices.com/region-ie/discounts/?sort=date&platform=PS4&dlc=show

Any of the VR games worth getting? I saw a video of the Planet of The Apes game and it looked decent, but not sure if the video was using PC/Oculus footage.

You know you can filter to show just VR games right?

https://psprices.com/region-ie/games/vr/?sort=percent&platform=all

This should be in the PSVR Bargain Alerts thread but anyway, The Lost Bear for €3.99 is a must have.

Pinball FX2, Statik, Holoball are essential.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

D3V!L wrote: »

Has it been modified form the Vive version? If it's the same, then I'm curious how they overcame the difficulty that you've to interact with object completely surrounding you, unlike say Job Simulator/IEYTD where there's little behind you to mess with the limited tracking.

Has it been modified form the Vive version? If it's the same, then I'm curious how they overcame the difficulty that you've to interact with object completely surrounding you, unlike say Job Simulator/IEYTD where there's little behind you to mess with the limited tracking.

It's one of the main issues encountered in the playthroughs so far.

They didn't implement click-turning for some reason, so certain scenarios cannot be played easily, or at all even depending on how much space you have for PSVR.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭TacoMan

You know you can filter to show just VR games right?

https://psprices.com/region-ie/games/vr/?sort=percent&platform=all

This should be in the PSVR Bargain Alerts thread but anyway, The Lost Bear for €3.99 is a must have.

Pinball FX2, Statik, Holoball are essential.

Ooops, should've put it in the Bargain thread :o

Thanks for the game tips, I'll check them out later.

Advertisement