Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

Operation Warcade totally flew under my VR radar.

It's an unofficial spiritual successor to Operation Wolf out a while on PC but released a week ago for PSVR, which places you in front of a virtual arcade cabinet, and supports the move, aim and dualshock controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭TacoMan

mrcheez wrote: »
    You know you can filter to show just VR games right?

https://psprices.com/region-ie/games/vr/?sort=percent&platform=all

This should be in the PSVR Bargain Alerts thread but anyway, The Lost Bear for €3.99 is a must have.

Pinball FX2, Statik, Holoball are essential.

Is that psprices site accurate, cos the 4 games you listed there are all showing for full price on the PS Store for me :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

TacoMan wrote: »
    Is that psprices site accurate, cos the 4 games you listed there are all showing for full price on the PS Store for me :confused:

Yeah accurate. Seems it was a flash sale :/

Damn, I was looking forward to Pinball. I guess they'll drop the prices again sometime...

I reckon US store is due a drop anytime

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Blasters of the Universe is quality. Best shooter I've played so far in VR.

Blasters of the Universe is quality. Best shooter I've played so far in VR.

Been meaning to ask you. You said you managed to refund Sprint Vector on PSN.

How did you succeed? I've seen several people complain you cannot refund on PSN, so what magic did you use? :pac:

I got a refund to my wallet. Said it made me violently ill.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,995 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I reckon US store is due a drop anytime

Flash Sale just started on US PSN store

I got a refund to my wallet. Said it made me violently ill.

cool I'll give that a shot if I ever need it. Just chatting via email, or ring em up?

• Advertisement

Yeah, email them with the order number and your psn id. Shouldn't be a problem

Flash Sale just started on US PSN store

Hmm... sooo.. Inpatient is $15.99

worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I see Trackmania Turbo (which was free with PS+ this month) has a VR element to it!

Has anyone given it a go yet? What’s it like?

Nailz wrote: »
    I see Trackmania Turbo (which was free with PS+ this month) has a VR element to it!

Has anyone given it a go yet? What’s it like?

It's only "ok" imo. The annoying thing is you're not actually in the car, but viewing from above. When you go on a stunt jump it shoots into first person and you get a little taste of what it could have been like if it was designed better.

Disappointing, but can't really complain for a free game...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

How much effort is there in setting the PSVR up? Is it best to dedicate some time to it or if I went and grabbed one now would I be up and running and comfortably playing on it in 30 min?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭kerplun k

How much effort is there in setting the PSVR up? Is it best to dedicate some time to it or if I went and grabbed one now would I be up and running and comfortably playing on it in 30 min?

Yep, easy as pie.

Quite a lot of effort to get it all set up correctly.

Here's my post on it from back in the day... https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103811664&postcount=1705

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Played Wipeout VR for a few mins last night. Class. Seeing 'your' body in the cockpict is epic. The blade runner 'weathered and battered but still the future' aesthetic of the controls and outfit was brilliant.

Played Wipeout VR for a few mins last night. Class. Seeing 'your' body in the cockpict is epic. The blade runner 'weathered and battered but still the future' aesthetic of the controls and outfit was brilliant.

My first VR demo in GameStop was playing Eve Valkyrie. The assistant kept on saying "Look down at your body! You've got boobs!!!" over and over as if it was the best thing in the world.

They are impressive though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

My first VR demo in GameStop was playing Eve Valkyrie. The assistant kept on saying "Look down at your body! You've got boobs!!!" over and over as if it was the best thing in the world.

They are impressive though :)

Your boobs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Played Superhot VR last night, what a game. Lost myself a couple of times, went out of Play area diving to catch guns :D

coolisin wrote: »
    Played Superhot VR last night, what a game. Lost myself a couple of times, went out of Play area diving to catch guns :D

Give it a week before you smash the TV

I've read some people say Super Hot VR goes downhill rapidly as you progress, something to do with some sliding mechanics it introduces or something?

After an extended period of hemming and hawing I'm probably gonna pick up one of these tomorrow. So, just wondering if there is any must haves for beginners?

I have Resident Evil 7 but I've played it fairly extensively in non VR so will likely only jump into it for an hour or so just to experience it. I would assume it will be best to try some games without free movement first though to get used to VR?

I've been doing some research and these seem to be good titles to start with:

Moss
    The Lost Bear
    Batman VR
    Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
    X Wing experience (I have Battlefront)

Anything else worth looking at as a starter experience/game? I know Job Simulator is meant to be good but I've watched someone play that a ton so don't think I'd get any real value in paying to play it myself. That accounting game might be a good alternative?

To move on from the starter titles I was thinking something like these:

Doom VFR
    Superhot

Anything that's a must have missing from that plan?

After an extended period of hemming and hawing I'm probably gonna pick up one of these tomorrow. So, just wondering if there is any must haves for beginners?

I have Resident Evil 7 but I've played it fairly extensively in non VR so will likely only jump into it for an hour or so just to experience it. I would assume it will be best to try some games without free movement first though to get used to VR?

Moss
    The Lost Bear
    Batman VR

Anything else worth looking at as a starter experience/game? I know Job Simulator is meant to be good but I've watched someone play that a ton so don't think I'd get any real value in paying to play it myself. That accounting game might be a good alternative?

Doom VFR
    Superhot

Have you got a US account?

Cold Iron and Statik are $7.99 (PS Plus prices, just go for the free 2 day trial)

I assume you're getting a set of Move controllers?

Have you got a US account?

Cold Iron and Statik are $7.99 (PS Plus prices, just go for the free 2 day trial)

I assume you're getting a set of Move controllers?

Yeh I'll pick up the move controllers!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,624 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Moss
    The Lost Bear
    Batman VR

Doom VFR
    Superhot

Download the freebie demos of The Last Guardian and Luminette.
    And of course the free demo discs containing London Heist and the shark attack one. Worth it.

Picked it up today, it's more impressive than I expected. Only done the Ocean dive and the scavenger thing so far. Waiting for the move controllers to charge before trying the london heist. Really enjoyed the ocean dive. The scavenger thing not so much, seemed a lot more blurry than the ocean one and then 30 minutes in, the tracking seem to lose me completely and put me facing right looking through the arm of the machine I was in. Pressing the reset button didn't get anywhere close to fixing it. Anything I can do to try to avoid that?

Picked it up today, it's more impressive than I expected. Only done the Ocean dive and the scavenger thing so far. Waiting for the move controllers to charge before trying the london heist. Really enjoyed the ocean dive. The scavenger thing not so much, seemed a lot more blurry than the ocean one and then 30 minutes in, the tracking seem to lose me completely and put me facing right looking through the arm of the machine I was in. Pressing the reset button didn't get anywhere close to fixing it. Anything I can do to try to avoid that?

So the camera config thingy is one of the major things to get right with the PSVR.

My Rift was a lot easier to setup in this respect, so it's the only area where PSVR is lacking unfortunately. Once it's all working and tracking correct though, there's very little between the PSVR and Rift beyond being a tiny bit sharper on the Rift. Quite an achievement considering the powerhouse machine required to power the Rift.

Anyway, back on topic, there's a whole sticky dedicated to the best PSVR camera setup.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057817119

Invest in a tripod if you can and put the camera high, but aiming down at you.

Also lights behind you can cause havoc so see if you can turn them off.

• Advertisement

Thanks, with a bit of adjustment I played through the London heist without any issues. That game truly shows off the potential of vr, very cool.

Advertisement