Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Groups of kids

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Canadel wrote: »
    People who refer to kids as being feral are c**ts.

And no, I don't doubt the extent of uncivilised and unruly behaviour exhibited by certain children. Doesn't make you less of a c**t for calling them feral though.

If you kick your dog out and let it just do what it wants, biting people and damaging their property what would you call it?

I've nothing but sympathy for the little tykes but feral is a pretty good description of them. If you go near them and challenge them, expect to be bitten.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

And no, I don't doubt the extent of uncivilised and unruly behaviour exhibited by certain children. Doesn't make you less of a c**t for calling them feral though.

judging from your remarks,I take it you were brought up "feral" too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭testaccount123

If you kick your dog out and let it just do what it wants, biting people and damaging their property what would you call it?

I've nothing but sympathy for the little tykes but feral is a pretty good description of them. If you go near them and challenge them, expect to be bitten.

Sounds like you deserve a few slaps tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

Considering it's a dog, I might call it feral. I don't refer to obedient, playful children as good dogs though, nor do I imagine do you. I've used the word feral to describe groups of kids before without careful consideration, or thinking, and I was a c**t for doing so.
    judging from your remarks,I take it you were brought up "feral" too?
    And I take it you were brought up to judge everyone but yourself.

I'd certainly rather be referred to as "feral" than ever fall so low as to refer to a child as such.

Considering it's a dog, I might call it feral. I don't refer to obedient, playful children as good dogs though, nor do I imagine do you. I've used the word feral to describe groups of kids before without careful consideration, or thinking, and I was a c**t for doing so.

And I take it you were brought up to judge everyone but yourself.

I'd certainly rather be referred to as "feral" than ever fall so low as to refer to a child as such.

I'm not really sure what point you're trying to make other than you don't mind the word c##t but you do have a problem with the word feral. Okay noted and thanks for that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

To be honest, at least in the spots where I have regularly encountered them, 'feral' is as good a word as any that I can think of to describe them - they wander in groups, harassing anyone around them and causing destruction and chaos as they go.

Now, I'm not talking about regular kids being kids and messing around and acting the bollix a bit as we all did at some point, I'm talking about these kids who are just not raised to function in a civilized society. I think the blame for kids who end up like this lies squarely at the feet of the parents (or lack of them), but I don't see why I shouldn't refer to them as 'feral'. If 'feral' is not an appropriate adjective, what is?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,358 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

adjective

1(Especially of an animal) in a wild state, especially after escape from captivity or domestication: a feral cat More example sentences Synonyms

1.1Resembling or characteristic of a wild animal: his teeth were bared in a feral snarl More example sentences Synonyms

1.2(Of a young person) behaving in a wildly undisciplined and antisocial way: gangs of feral youths More example sentences

Feral would seem to be an accurate word to use - above from the Oxford dictionary (section 1.2 bolded by me)

Will I look up the other word? :pac:

Sounds like you deserve a few slaps tbh

Seeing as this comment has been let stand I assume it's fine on this forum so I'll respond to it.

To what do I owe these 'few slaps'? I've probably done more for that community than you've ever done for yours. Am I to take it that I deserve a few slaps for my sympathy for them, the fact that I know some of the parents are completely disengaged or my vocabulary extends beyond that of Jason Statham's?

Sounds like you deserve a bit of pity at the way you were brought up tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

its gas how when you open any thread on boards over 2 pages long you get people just arguing amongst themselves no matter what the topic. Its when they start trading multi-quoted posts I completely lose interest in the thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,405 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

its gas how when you open any thread on boards over 2 pages long you get people just arguing amongst themselves no matter what the topic. Its when they start trading multi-quoted posts I completely lose interest in the thread.

Em... you realise you're in an internet debate forum, right?

It's a but like saying that if you go into McDonald's its just full of people just eating hamburgers!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

12-13 year olds are generally a bit old for playgrounds and swimming and picnics in the park will have lost their appeal by that stage.

What can be done? Well you're asking the wrong people. We're not 13, so we have no idea. And pretending that we do have an idea is condescending.

We'll, we've all had a year's experience of having been 13. That's more than most 13 year olds.

Em... you realise you're in an internet debate forum, right?

It's a but like saying that if you go into McDonald's its just full of people just eating hamburgers!

Discussion forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Discussion forum.
    Mod note: Seems more like a childish bickering forum for some who need to cop on and think a lot more before they post.

Advertisement