Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vw Passat AUX Issue

Options
  • 16-03-2016 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭

Mods please move if you feel this is not the right thread.

My Volkswagen Passat B6 (2006) has an AUX Port in the centre glovebox / under the armrest but I am struggling to activate it.

Ive tried plugging my cable into it and playing music from my iPhone / iPod but thats not working. There is no option on the radio that I can find which has an AUX option. Does anyone know how to fix this solution before I call into a Volkswagen garage to see can they fix it?

TIA.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭innocent_lover

Mods please move if you feel this is not the right thread.

My Volkswagen Passat B6 (2006) has an AUX Port in the centre glovebox / under the armrest but I am struggling to activate it.

Ive tried plugging my cable into it and playing music from my iPhone / iPod but thats not working. There is no option on the radio that I can find which has an AUX option. Does anyone know how to fix this solution before I call into a Volkswagen garage to see can they fix it?

TIA.

I think if you press media button twice it will activate aux option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

If you whisper David Hasselhoff songs to it gently, it will completely disable any emissions controls. It's routed to the ECU via one of the brake lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Media button. It will switch between any alternative inputs.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭mhackett102

No "Media" button anywhere on the car (I believe they were only on the late B6 models / B7).

I tried press the CD button twice (and numerous times) but its only telling me that there's no CD.

The AUX cable is plugged into the correct socket and into my phone with music playing. I tried the same cable on our Mondeo here and its working fine. Any more possibilities?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

My Scirocco also has an AUX input in the centre glovebox. Looking through my radio settings I had to enable AUX first. Once that was enabled I was able to switch to media and AUX worked automatically.

• Advertisement
Advertisement