Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPod Touch and iTunes

• 16-03-2016 12:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭

I have a Pioneer car stereo/sat nav unit that I had hooked up to an iPhone 4 via a composite AV cable.

Recently the iPhone stopped connecting. Reset iPhone, worked for a while and then connection dropped again. Suspect it's an iOS issue as Pioneer is a few years old and not officially supported anymore. I had recently updated the iPhone to iOS 9.

So, now have an iPod Touch and it's working fine. Firmware is 1.1.x (maybe 1.1.2 or something).

I have not yet connected it to my laptop as it has tunes on it already.

My questions are:
    • Do I need to add music via iTunes or can I just drag and drop from my laptop to the iPod?
    • If I do connect to iTunes, will it automatically update the firmware?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

You'll probably need to plug it into iTunes to upload music to it, but you'll only be prompted to install new software - it won't be mandatory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

The iPod is first generation and looks like it's never been upgraded as version is 1.1.2 - if there any way to update this to a newer version without jailbreak?

Advertisement