Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"See/Find Posts which quote this post"

• 16-03-2016 1:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭

I'd like to see this as an option for each post, maybe somewhere near 'Thanks'. I think this would be a useful feature to allow posters follow an argument/debate within a thread filled with unrelated stuff.

Particularly in forums like AH, where posters A and B might be having an interesting discussion while posters C-Z post the usual jokes or whatever.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

This might also help when a poster leaves a comment in a fast-moving and/or long-running thread and is interested in reading any replies to that, but can't keep following or trawling through large volumes of posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

This might also help when a poster leaves a comment in a fast-moving and/or long-running thread and is interested in reading any replies to that, but can't keep following or trawling through large volumes of posts.
    You can do it for yourself and other posters by going to your own/the other poster's profile and finding 'see all posts that quote X' but that willl include every post, rather than being post or even thread specific.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

osarusan wrote: »
    You can do it for yourself and other posters by going to your own/the other poster's profile and finding 'see all posts that quote X' but that willl include every post, rather than being post or even thread specific.
    Thanks, yes - I noticed that afterwards, but as you say, it shows all posts that quote a user.

Going off on a tangent, I think it would be nice to have the option of an email alert for one's posts being quoted. Case in point right here - I didn't see your response to my commet until 5 days later, and then only because I was in the forum responding to a reply to a thread I started (and was still following) and remembered this thread. No need to remember to check profile for quotes, and better chance of continuing a conversation while both posters are on boards :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Any chance of any comment on this?

And on an unrelated note, to combat the rampant re-regging in AH, any chance of a mechanism that allows moderators to 'lock' certain threads - the 'lock' meaning that only posters with a join date/time of just a few minutes ago would be excluded?

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi osarusan, thanks for the suggestions. They're interesting ideas certainly, but unfortunately not possible within the VBulletin framework at the moment. I will add them to the Suggestion list and hopefully we might be able to look at these in greater detail in the future.

The ability to view a quoted trail of posts would help us counter the argument for nested comments, which would be a nice touch. Would have to see how practical and functional we can make it.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement