Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting from Newbridge to Ballsbridge

Options
  • 16-03-2016 8:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,
    Looking for experienced commuters from Newbridge to Ballsbridge to share their travel secrets. Would be really interested in hearing your thoughts on the train service to hueston and, if you do take the Luas to Connolly to get the dart to Lansdown, what you make of it.
    Really trying to get a sense of how feasible it is. Thinking of renting and hopefully, some day, buying in Newbridge

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭kam3qnwvebf4jh

I used to travel from Athy to Ballsbridge. Done it for 2 years so New bridge should be a bit more manageable. I would advise getting off Luas at Abbey St and walking to Tara St station. Works out quicker

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Twilliger

I used to travel from Athy to Ballsbridge. Done it for 2 years so New bridge should be a bit more manageable. I would advise getting off Luas at Abbey St and walking to Tara St station. Works out quicker

What was your commute time on average? Just want to factor that in when considering crèche drop off and collections

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭brady23

I do Kildare to Ballsbridge driving every day and would highly recommend driving over Train etc. 60e a week on diesel, free parking in Ringsend, travel when it's quiet is 45 mins either way and 90 mins when busy provided no accident etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭kam3qnwvebf4jh

Twilliger wrote: »
    What was your commute time on average? Just want to factor that in when considering crèche drop off and collections

Would leave Athy station at 0640 and be at Landsdown station by 0815 on average.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

From autumn some trains will continue to pearse station from Newbridge - after that its a couple of stops on the dart.

Silverdawn travel also have a bus service stopping dublin city, leeson st and ucd.

• Advertisement
Advertisement