Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hiking Boots

Options
  • 16-03-2016 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Just wondering if anyone could recommend a pair of hiking/walking boots? Doing Machu Pichu in May, it would be great to get some advice on what to wear on my feet!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 BabyGM146

For that sort of tropical environment, you could do worse than a pair of US army issue jungle boots. They'll be a good bit cheaper than normal market hiking boots too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭chases0102

Cheers, sound for that - will look into it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

Machu Pichu is almost entirely stepping stones.
    You won't find yourself in water or mud.

Something with ankle support is a must.

My boots were quite old and by the end of the hike the thread had worn on the front of the sole. I found myself slipping quite a bit as a result.
    I couldn't believe how quickly the thread came off over a few days.

I wouldn't spend crazy money to be honest. Especially if you don't hike in Ireland much. It's a tough hike but it's all on a stone trail.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

maybe look at sports direct ?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭brennarr

Doing the trek myself in April

I got a pair of hiking boots in the north face in Kildare outlets for E77 - very comfortable I have to say.

• Advertisement
Advertisement