Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maternity Benefit Form (Dr. section)

Options
  • 16-03-2016 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭

Has anyone had the Dr section filled in by a Dr in the hospital? I'm doing combined care but due to a medical condition it's looking unlikely I'll be sent to my GP again and it'll always be the hospital from now on for appointments. Just wondering if I'll need to make a GP appointment specifically for the maternity benefit form or will a Dr. in the hospital do it?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

It should be fine - my consultant filled mine in for me as I didn't do combined care

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

I did combined care first time and the NCHD in the hospital filled in their part for me. GP could have done it either.

Going fully private this time and my consultant filled in the necessary bit for me yesterday while I was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

I just dropped mine into the GPs surgery, she filled it out in her own time and picked it up a few days later. I didn't have to make an appointment to see her to get her to fill it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Kathy22

I am doing combined care aswell, my consultant filled it in at my 28 week appointment and the receptionist stamped it. He didn't seem phased by it so assume they see it all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭teggers5

Same as Cakerbaker, I dropped mine into the Gp's receptionist and collected it a couple of days later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Agiibagii

I might sound dumb but what is the difference between combined care and not? I found out I am pregnant only few days ago with my first and have no pregnant people around to ask... Very confused about everything

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Agiibagii wrote: »
    I might sound dumb but what is the difference between combined care and not? I found out I am pregnant only few days ago with my first and have no pregnant people around to ask... Very confused about everything

Combined care is where you visit both your GP and the hospital for appointments. You start off with hospital appointments and they tell you when you're due back to them and when you're due back with your GP.
    The GP visits are free as part of this care package.

You can visit your GP too if you go privately to the hospital but in my experience the consultant you attend doesn't givea discount on their fee for the combined care so you may not want to be doubling up with appointments.

Congratulations on your pregnancy. I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months ahead.

Advertisement