Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Fibre Cabinet at BFT1_004 (Beaufort in Kerry)

Options
  • 16-03-2016 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Over the last few weeks I've seen new fibre cabinets go into Beaufort in Kerry, BFT1_003 and BFT1_004. Just wondering is there any estimated activation dates for these? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Gabhan wrote: »
    Over the last few weeks I've seen new fibre cabinets go into Beaufort in Kerry, BFT1_003 and BFT1_004. Just wondering is there any estimated activation dates for these? 
    Hi Gabhan,

Thanks for getting in touch.

You can view the most up to date information on the eFibre roll out here http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ or you can check your line number or address here https://www.eir.ie/eirfibreinfo/map/. I would recommend registering your details on the above link and as soon as the service is available you will be notified.

Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Gabhan

Thanks

First link says 'Cabinet is planned' but I can see that it's already been physically installed and saw the engineers working on it. 
    Second link says 'within 1 year', but with the new cabinet in place for a couple of weeks now - could it really be a year before it's activated?

Gabhan

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Gabhan wrote: »
    Thanks

First link says 'Cabinet is planned' but I can see that it's already been physically installed and saw the engineers working on it. 
    Second link says 'within 1 year', but with the new cabinet in place for a couple of weeks now - could it really be a year before it's activated?

Gabhan
    The cab going in is just step one, its then gotta be jumpered over and finally commissioned. One step can happen 6 months ahead of the other, right now KNN and eir are really busy with the new FTTH rollout so its feasible a few cabs could be left behind until they have the time for appointments. 

Just keep watching the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Gabhan

Thanks for the feedback - guess I'll just have to keep an eye on the maps!

Advertisement