Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CHE1_E01 Cabinet

Options
  • 16-03-2016 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭

Hi

Today is the day that cabinet CHE1_E01 is due to go live according to the fiber rollout map. I am just wondering how long does it take before fiber actually becomes available? I am only 600m from cabinet so  am hopeful I will be able to avail of it.

thanks
    gene

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

glineli wrote: »
    Hi

Today is the day that cabinet CHE1_E01 is due to go live according to the fiber rollout map. I am just wondering how long does it take before fiber actually becomes available? I am only 600m from cabinet so  am hopeful I will be able to avail of it.

thanks
    gene
    Hi glineli,

Thanks for getting in touch.
    Have you checked your number here https://www.eir.ie/eirfibreinfo/map/?

Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

Hi

thanks
    gene
    Hi glineli,

Pamela 
    Yes, still nothing different from before, no mention of fiber. IS theer anyway to find out when it actually does go live?

thanks

Hi

thanks
    gene
    Hi glineli,

Pamela 
    Yes, still nothing different from before, no mention of fiber. IS theer anyway to find out when it actually does go live?

thanks
    Usually you would need to wait 24 hours from the activation date  glineli,
    Can you check this again tomorrow and if there is still no change let me know :)

Pamela 

Can you check this again tomorrow and if there is still no change let me know :)

Pamela 

Hi

Still no update, one estate can get fiber though. How many cabinets in Crusheen? The map just says one cabinet in the village so would have thought the whole village would have been upgraded

Thanks

Pamela 

Hi

Still no update, one estate can get fiber though. How many cabinets in Crusheen? The map just says one cabinet in the village so would have thought the whole village would have been upgraded

Thanks
    Can you PM me your account number  glineli and I will check if you are eligible for efibre.

Pamela 

• Advertisement

Can you PM me your account number  glineli and I will check if you are eligible for efibre.

Pamela 

PM sent thanks

PM sent thanks

Hi Pamela

Did you get the PM?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

PM sent thanks

Hi Pamela

Did you get the PM?

Thanks
    Hi glineli, 

We have received it.  I'll come back to you soon through PM's

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi glineli, 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi Tracey

Any update? I have a feeling that like the poster above in Ferris, I believe it's the date is wrong on the map for out cabinet. If you could find out the state, even if it's in planning that would be very helpful.

Thanks
    Gene

Hi glineli, 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi Tracey

Any update? I have a feeling that like the poster above in Ferris, I believe it's the date is wrong on the map for out cabinet. If you could find out the state, even if it's in planning that would be very helpful.

Thanks
    Gene
    Hi Gene, 

Apologies for the delays. 

I've looked into this for you and your exchange is still within the planning phase I'm afraid so this may take some time before it's live. We have no exact timeframe at present. 

Apologies for the map giving you the wrong information, I understand this is frustrating.  

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement

Hi Gene, 

I've looked into this for you and your exchange is still within the planning phase I'm afraid so this may take some time before it's live. We have no exact timeframe at present. 

Apologies for the map giving you the wrong information, I understand this is frustrating.  

Thanks 

Tracey 

Thanks Tracey

Hi Gene, 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Thanks Tracey
    No problem. 

I'm sorry it's not better news :(

Thanks 

Tracey 

Cabinet now marked as live but nothing seems to have changed. Also says 110 houses can get 100mb so fingers crossed. More than 110 houses in village so some will be disappointed.

Cabinet now marked as live but nothing seems to have changed. Also says 110 houses can get 100mb so fingers crossed. More than 110 houses in village so some will be disappointed.
    I'm sorry to hear this  glineli,

Unfortunately as each line is individual we would be unable to upgrade all lines connected to the cabinet at the same time and more than likely the build is still ongoing.

Pamela 

Unfortunately as each line is individual we would be unable to upgrade all lines connected to the cabinet at the same time and more than likely the build is still ongoing.

Pamela 

Thanks Pamela. Does that explain why open eir says it is live and the eir site says available in 6 weeks?

Pamela 

Thanks Pamela. Does that explain why open eir says it is live and the eir site says available in 6 weeks?
    The cabinet glinelithe cabinet may be live but I'm afraid that will not necessary mean the service will be available on your line as each line is individual.

Pamela 

The cabinet glinelithe cabinet may be live but I'm afraid that will not necessary mean the service will be available on your line as each line is individual.

Pamela 

Thanks but leaving out individual lines, why does one map say live and the other within 6 weeks?

Pamela 
    It looks like https://www.eir.ie/eirfibreinfo/map/ has not been updated yet glineli, I'll be sure to have this flagged.

-Pamela 

It looks like https://www.eir.ie/eirfibreinfo/map/ has not been updated yet glineli, I'll be sure to have this flagged.

-Pamela 

Hi Pamela

This website still isn't updated. Why does open eir have it marked live and the other map says live in 6 weeks? It is this type of thing that really annoys people.

It's poor customer service

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

Hi glineli, I do apologise for the delay on this. I can appreciate how frustrating this must be. I can see Pamela has flagged this with the relevant team. Unfortunately the dates we provide online are estimated & we would be unable to guarantee a date at this your as the time taken for this can vary. I can assure you as soon as the service is available on your line you will be notified. Stacey 

• Advertisement

Hi glineli, I do apologise for the delay on this. I can appreciate how frustrating this must be. I can see Pamela has flagged this with the relevant team. Unfortunately the dates we provide online are estimated & we would be unable to guarantee a date at this your as the time taken for this can vary. I can assure you as soon as the service is available on your line you will be notified. Stacey 

Thanks for response. I do think it's better to give no estimates than estimates hat are wrong and misleading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

Thanks for response. I do think it's better to give no estimates than estimates hat are wrong and misleading.
    I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused and I will be sure to relay your feedback onto the relevant department.

Kind Regards,
    Ciara.

eir: Ciara wrote: »
    I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused and I will be sure to relay your feedback onto the relevant department.

Kind Regards,
    Ciara.

Hi

I was talking to guys working down at the exhange today and they said it's all ready to go and everyone in village will have it. They can't understand how it's not yet available to people and how it's says available in 6 weeks.

This is very poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

eir: Ciara wrote: »

Kind Regards,
    Ciara.

Hi

I was talking to guys working down at the exhange today and they said it's all ready to go and everyone in village will have it. They can't understand how it's not yet available to people and how it's says available in 6 weeks.

This is very poor.
    There's a one month regulatory hold period. This is probably why the wholesale site says live and the retail site says not yet. This is a COMREG rule designed to make things fair for all retail operators. 

ED E wrote: »
    There's a one month regulatory hold period. This is probably why the wholesale site says live and the retail site says not yet. This is a COMREG rule designed to make things fair for all retail operators. 

Ok thank you. He said 1 or 2 are live but would that be for test purposes?

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way  glineli,

According to the efibre roll-out plan here http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ 110 premises in this exchange can now avail of the efibre service.

Not all customers will be connected immediately as each line individually will need to be enabled. The time taken to complete the connection will vary depending on the level of work involved and whether consents from road and planning authorities and private landowners are necessary. 

I would recommend registering your details here https://www.eir.ie/broadband/eoi and as soon as the service is available you will be notified.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭daddy_boy

I am only 300 metres from a "live" cabinet and have been waiting 1year +, :mad:

daddy_boy wrote: »
    I am only 300 metres from a "live" cabinet and have been waiting 1year +, :mad:
    Apologies we could not offer you better news  daddy_boy

-Pamela 

Apologies we could not offer you better news  daddy_boy

-Pamela 

The most annoying thing for me is that when you look at old posts, Alan the eircom rep could give you exact information like what cabinet you are connected to etc. Since he is gone it's the same old story, check the website. Timeline is an estimate etc. Like I said, I spoke to engineers on site and they said it is all set up ready to go and can't understand the delay.

• Advertisement

So today I checked again on the eir.ie website. Using phone number it says I can get fibre, happy days, putting in my address it says not available.

These are the frustrations Eir need to sort out.

Advertisement