Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating language module- criteria?

Options
  • 16-03-2016 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,
    I missed a language exam this morning as I'm ill. I'm going to the doctor as soon as I can move again, I think that I caught a virus.

I have looked at the book of modules for this module and it doesn't have information regarding repeating. It states the following:

"Requirements for Supplemental Examination: Marks in passed element(s) of Continuous Assessment are carried forward, Failed element(s) of Continuous Assessment must be repeated (as prescribed by the Department.)."

From others knowledge and experience, when does supplemental examination occur, is it August like the other modules, or do the departments arrange exam so it could be held this weekend?

If it is any relevance the exam was first year French. Any one have experience similar to this regarding illness and missing a exam?
    (worth the majority of the module, missing it means a fail.)

I will inform my professor once I have a doctors note, and I'm sure he will be annoyed to hear this if it means he had to re arrange the exam again like at the weekend or something.

Thanks in advance for any information on the procedure regarding missing language exams.

Have you repeated a language module? 0 votes

Yes, as I was ill or occupied elsewhere.
    0% 0 votes
    Yes and I continued the module in second year.
    0% 0 votes
    No.
    0% 0 votes
    Yes, and I choose another subject in second year.
    0% 0 votes

Advertisement