Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom fault paused our business celbridge

Options
  • 16-03-2016 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Anyone experiencing an outage of eircom services in Celbridge? Since yesterday morning all connection in our local business is down. And as we have phone lines, till, and all computers running on data lines, we cant do anything. Eircom (Eir) call centre has told us this is a local issue, while a business next door has no problem with their connection whatsiever through same provider. Eir is saying this can take 2-3 working days whilethey havent checked anything, nor asked one simple question to see what can be the problem, they havent sent anyone in 1 day just keep telling us the technicians have been assigned to the issue. This is not 1st time this happened and there seems to be no urgency for support and rude staff on the lines.
    If anyone knows how to get the issue checked and fixed fast, id appreciate any advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Pay for an 8hr SLA. If your business depends on a connection you should be investing in appropriate service levels. 

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Kathy B

ED E wrote: »
    Pay for an 8hr SLA. If your business depends on a connection you should be investing in appropriate service levels. 
    Thanks ED E, I havent heard from an eir rep ever since we opened up business 1.5 year ago. We have 3 data lines to back up if one falls down. I looked the option you recommend up and if anyone would make us aware of this option, Id go for it without a hesitation. We're certainly looking to switch providers as evetytime in 1.5 year i contacted business support to enquire about better and more efficient packages or solutions it was neverending story of being transferred over and over with staff annoyed on the phone to the point the line went dead.
    Very bad experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Are they ISDN links or ADSL/VDSL? Or IP circuits? 

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Kathy B

Not too sure, i think they are IP circuit or ISDN, how can I tell? Id need to look it up, we're not on fibre net, only basic data line as there's no coverage of the fibre here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Kathy B wrote: »

Not too sure, i think they are IP circuit or ISDN, how can I tell? Id need to look it up, we're not on fibre net, only basic data line as there's no coverage of the fibre here
    Hi Kathy B,

Is your service back yet?

You can read about business 8 hour repair here https://business.eir.ie/product/business-line-8-hour-repair/. Our business team on 1800601701 would be more than happy to apply this for you.

Pamela 

• Advertisement
Advertisement