Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employer paying for Health Insurance

• 16-03-2016 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

My employer is offering me a certain amount of extra cash per month and I thought I might ask him to pay health insurance out of it on behalf of myself and my partner...I have no idea whether this is a good idea or not in terms of being tax efficient. (I pay the higher rate of tax so the amount will become meagre if comes to me through regular payslip). Otherwise I could have him stick the extra cash in my pension and keep paying for health insurance myself...(my partner doesn't currently have any as he can't afford it so I thought might be a good way to get him covered)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,578 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

You will pay BIK on any benefit that the employer gives you.

But you will get 20% of the premium, up to 1000, paid to you as a tax credit.

Advertisement