Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery for a watch

Options
  • 16-03-2016 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭

anyone know of anywhere cheap enough in Dublin city center to buy a battery for a watch? (guess is the make)

don't want to have to pay €20 for a battery :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,989 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I got a multi pack (about 18) of small flat batteries different sizes in Dealz. You could try there. €1.50

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

dealz or similar €2 type shops. I got about 30 for €2.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭BigProblem

GBX wrote: »
    I got a multi pack (about 18) of small flat batteries different sizes in Dealz. You could try there. €1.50

is there much effort in putting the battery in the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I presume you mean the watch. There would be loads of youtube guides on opening watches, maybe even your specific model, some are easier than others and you might see a style that looks like yours. I was able to do it as a young kid, you might need a small screwdriver to prise it open.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭BigProblem

rubadub wrote: »
    I presume you mean the watch. There would be loads of youtube guides on opening watches, maybe even your specific model, some are easier than others and you might see a style that looks like yours. I was able to do it as a young kid, you might need a small screwdriver to prise it open.

thanks I meant watch :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Blister pack with 8 different button battery sizes is 2 Euro in Smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

You will need (2euro on ebay)

https://www.google.ie/search?q=watch+case+removal+tool&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=643&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiVnsapgdXLAhVC_w4KHdc2ABwQ_AUIBigB#tbm=isch&q=watch+back+removal+tool&imgrc=JIDgP8B0DPEJOM%3A

there will be three notches on the back cover of the watch, remove back cover

remove battery,
    there will be numbers on the battery,
    put these in to google or ebay

watch batteries are extremely cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I've changed batteries in cheap watches without difficulty - I took the back off the watch with a blade. Bought batteries on Ebay many times, but now get them in Dealz or Mr Price.

Advertisement