Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changes to Junior Cert

Options
  • 16-03-2016 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭

Hey all, my brother is currently in first year at the moment and is having some difficulties with certain subjects in my school. I'm currently in Leaving Cert and agreed to give my brother a hand with some of his subjects this summer after my exams. However I'm just wondering what the changes are to his courses with the reform. I understand he no longer has to do CSPE and that his English course has changed. Are these the only changes thus far?

Also has a syllabus or sample papers (or any simple explanation :P) of how the English exams will be conducted for his year, just so I have an idea of what he can expect and will need to do.

Other than that are there any other changes? His subjects are: English, Irish, Maths, Religion, Geography, Science, French, Woodwork, TG and Metalwork.

Sorry for all the questions I was checking online but I was finding bits and pieces of information all over the place and I know usually you can find solid advice on here. I wasn't sure if this was the best place to post it as it might be better in the Teaching Forum maybe? If any mod thinks so please move it! :)

Thanks a million!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Ron603

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    Hey all, my brother is currently in first year at the moment and is having some difficulties with certain subjects in my school. I'm currently in Leaving Cert and agreed to give my brother a hand with some of his subjects this summer after my exams. However I'm just wondering what the changes are to his courses with the reform. I understand he no longer has to do CSPE and that his English course has changed. Are these the only changes thus far?

Also has a syllabus or sample papers (or any simple explanation :P) of how the English exams will be conducted for his year, just so I have an idea of what he can expect and will need to do.

Other than that are there any other changes? His subjects are: English, Irish, Maths, Religion, Geography, Science, French, Woodwork, TG and Metalwork.

Sorry for all the questions I was checking online but I was finding bits and pieces of information all over the place and I know usually you can find solid advice on here. I wasn't sure if this was the best place to post it as it might be better in the Teaching Forum maybe? If any mod thinks so please move it! :)

Thanks a million!

There are English sample papers on the State Examination Commission Website.

Advertisement