Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New commercial Tenant - Previous Bill

Options
  • 16-03-2016 12:10pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭

HI all,
    I have started renting a small commercial property.

However, there is a large outstanding electricity bill from the previous tenant. I just have a few questions:

Will I be liable for this outstanding balance?
    How do I transfer into my name?

There will be very little usage, as will only be used for around 1 hour every month (storage unit). What would be the best option for me? (please ignore if this cannot be answered here).

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

antodeco wrote: »
    HI all,
    I have started renting a small commercial property.

However, there is a large outstanding electricity bill from the previous tenant. I just have a few questions:

Will I be liable for this outstanding balance?
    How do I transfer into my name?

There will be very little usage, as will only be used for around 1 hour every month (storage unit). What would be the best option for me? (please ignore if this cannot be answered here).

Thanks

This is not a good start to your business. You should know your rights. Take a reading from your meter and contact the provider, you are only liable for the utility from the day you sign the lease, the previous outstanding bill follows the previous registered user.

Advertisement