Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scope optics damaged !?

Options
  • 16-03-2016 1:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Trying to sale my scope and while checking its health in daylight (first time in months) I found that the front glass has a slight damage or some sort of a leak, internally.

More photos HERE

Not sure from where or how, the scope has been in storage since last summer and used only once last week.

Any help, greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭murphyme2010

Hi Rolion,

I can't tell from the photos if there is a scratch or a mark on the corrector.

If it's a scratch, I don't think you can do anything about it.
    If it's a mark or stain you might be able to clean it.

Before you do anything, test the scope at night. The corrector on my SCT is quite dusty but it does not make much of a difference to the scope.

Michael.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Thanks Michael.

Is not a scratch... I may not even noticed if the buyer will not have asked me for photos of the scope.
    It looks like the dew or some sort of liquid it made its way inside...or...possible the steam from last night out entered the optics beside the plastic frame and "froze" on the "inside side" of the glass.

I'll mark the three top screws with current exact location and try to open the tube to see if I can clean the glass with some warm clean water.

See you out next time..

Advertisement