Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New retailer for Butlerstown?

Options
  • 16-03-2016 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭

This is a guess / surmising.

A UK Home/Garden/leisure store called The Range http://www.therange.co.uk/ is planning to open up to 10 stores in Ireland.

Limerick is already confirmed (Childers Road retail park), Cork is in final negotiations (eastgate) and Waterford is on their "shopping list" and they are looking at a site.

The only store suitable is the former B&Q store, so watch this space.

Best way to describe them is a cross between Homebase & Woodies and with Homebase moving towards a B&Q model after their takeover by the aussies and being rebranded as "Bunnings", the marekt is probably there for a "The Range" store.

If I hear of anything concrete, I'll post.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Mentioned here earlier in January.

Generally retail crap stick furniture and 2nds ! however if there creating Jobs there very welcome in Waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

Jambo wrote: »
    Mentioned here earlier in January.

Generally retail crap stick furniture and 2nds ! however if there creating Jobs there very welcome in Waterford.

I got it from a property source - I didn't want to say it was a certainty as sometimes these deals fall though, but I reckon it is probably all agreed considering it has already been mentioned.

Seems they plan to open 4 stores within a 6 week period in order to create "noise".

The guy who runs them loves self publicity!! - originally a market trader :)

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Teebor15

On a slightly related note. Homebase have been taken over by Bunnings, an Australian Company in the same line of business. Expect the brand changeover later this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭goochy

Have a friend who works in diy and they are seriously worried about homebase being taken over . The people who bought it are loaded and are willing to do anything for market share .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

VincePP wrote: »
    I got it from a property source - I didn't want to say it was a certainty as sometimes these deals fall though, but I reckon it is probably all agreed considering it has already been mentioned.

Seems they plan to open 4 stores within a 6 week period in order to create "noise".

The guy who runs them loves self publicity!! - originally a market trader :)

They've already been to the B&Q store but it was gone quiet the last few weeks. I suspect they want to secure other sites first and try launch them altogether.

• Advertisement
Advertisement