Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubilc lights on my scope's way...

Options
  • 16-03-2016 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭

Hmm...a good one.

I have two public lights posts in the front of my house. They are ok for normal night to night but in my way when doing some astro stuff.

Seen this web site here and wondering can I do it myself for the duration of the " astral show" !?

Tanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

I may try this out myself. I wonder how long they go off for?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭murphyme2010

Sorry to be a kill-joy but that's incredibly dangerous. If you accidentally point the laser at a window and somebody looks out you could blind them.

If the light shine into a bedroom tell the council that you can't sleep and they may put a shield on it.

That has worked for others.

Michael.

Sorry to be a kill-joy but that's incredibly dangerous. If you accidentally point the laser at a window and somebody looks out you could blind them.

If the light shine into a bedroom tell the council that you can't sleep and they may put a shield on it.

Michael.

hardly incredibly dangerous :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Michael.

Why would you point the laser at a window when its a street light you want off?

How still do you think people are able to hold hand held lasers such that they would be able to precisely hold it in place on someones eye - while the person was stood still too? Really thats very silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

rolion wrote: »
    Hmm...a good one.

I have two public lights posts in the front of my house. They are ok for normal night to night but in my way when doing some astro stuff.

Seen this web site here and wondering can I do it myself for the duration of the " astral show" !?

Tanks.

Contact your local authority (Fingal Co. Co, Environment Section) and request in writing that you want shields placed on the lights, "as they are effecting your dwelling and quality of life".

I came across that video a while ago and lasers doesn't work on the street light in this part of the world.

• Advertisement
Advertisement