Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account Fees

• 16-03-2016 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

As a recently returned expat I am absolutely boiling having received a fee statement of 40 odd euro from simply using my current account with AIB since moving back in December. I was told that to not avail of fees a balance of 2500euro needs to be in the account for the whole term and can't drop below that (which I would have had for 90% of the term but that's not the point!).

How do the banks get away with charging for everything in this country...? Can someone explain to me how banks can charge ME for having my own salary paid into my account? Grr..

I know this is a rant but can anyone offer advice on other current accounts as this has really pushed my buttons and I'd rather take my business elsewhere, especially as the customer service team basically said "like it or leave it".

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 clongal

I remember the outrage well having moved from UK here just over 5 years ago - couldn't understand how the banks got away with it at all

In the end I moved from BoI to PTSB as managed to avoid a lot of charges that way - I can't remember the fine detail now but worth checking them out. I haven't been stung with a current account charge since

(I remember when I went in boiling about it to my BOI branch got same "take it or leave it" approach plus the guy there tried to tell me they'd big charges themselves in terms of rent etc...I laughed, given they pay pretty much no interest on deposit but charge to loan out the money they are also charging people to lodge with them these days!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Delta2113

http://compare.consumerhelp.ie/CurrentAccountCompare.aspx?i=239,414,

Go with PTSB once you can lodge at least €1,500 per month. If you can't do that go with EBS but if you really need a mobile app and good online EBS may not suit.

I moved from BOI current account to PTSB and have never looked back.

Advertisement