Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

delivery driver

Options
  • 16-03-2016 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi
    I'm taking job seekers allowance... just want to know I started working with pizza hut last week as delivery driver do I need to contact the social welfare office ?? Coz in pizza hut they paying me cash and they said we are not going to pay tax for you .. you have to do that by ur self

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

dubliner88 wrote: »
    Hi
    I'm taking job seekers allowance... just want to know I started working with pizza hut last week as delivery driver do I need to contact the social welfare office ?? Coz in pizza hut they paying me cash and they said we are not going to pay tax for you .. you have to do that by ur self

So they are taking you on as a freelance contractor? You'll need to declare that to revenue and yeah, tell social. If you dont declare the income you can very very easily get hit with a fine and still have to pay the tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭cleopatra11

Hi

Please be mindful that you need a different type of car insurance to be a delivery driver. Your normal policy does not cover use of car for deliveries. You will need Occasional Business Use added to your policy to be adequately covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Coz in pizza hut they paying me cash and they said we are not going to pay tax for you .. you have to do that by ur self
    Check the cost of increased insurance, additional petrol costs, and reduction/loss of Social, and see if it's worth your while, tbh.

Advertisement