Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming pools

Options
  • 16-03-2016 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all. I have recently moved to Kilcullen. Just wondering if anyone could recommend a nice swimming pool that I could bring my 15 month old daughter. Naas or Newbridge areas but open to suggestions. Also if they have family changing facilities. Bonus if they have parent and toddler sessions as well

Thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

Keadeen probably best as they have both a private changing room within the general changing room and also have a toddler pool.

Not sure if they have parent and toddler sessions, but I would guess they have.

http://www.keadeenhotel.ie/leisure.html

What I like particularly is that they have a one month membership (€50) and a 3 month membership (€150) option, so you donlt have to sign up to an annual contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭NedNew2

There's a nice public pool in Naas (K-Leisure); 25 metres, 6 lanes, deck level, wave breaker lanes and priced reasonably. More importantly for you I'd that it has a separate toddler pool (0.4 metres depth). Also there is a sauna, jacuzzi and family changing rooms.

As a county, Kildare is far, far below others in terms of swimming pools. The county council is not interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

If swimming pools are your thing, Kildare isn't the place to live.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭chancer007

Hi,

I am a member of Kilashee House.
    Find pool(25m) & gym very good.
    Any other questions just PM

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

n97 mini wrote: »
    If swimming pools are your thing, Kildare isn't the place to live.

? - Loads of swimming pools in Kildare.

Or are you talking about tax/household charge subsidised pools that cost a fortune to operate not being in every village?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,865 ✭✭✭✭L1011

VincePP wrote: »

Or are you talking about tax/household charge subsidised pools that cost a fortune to operate not being in every village?

The household charge ceased years ago

Council provided pools are the norm in large towns - not villages - in most other counties. Kildare County Council has not, to date, provided one for the three large towns in the northeast of the county that provide a quarter of the entire population and an even higher proportion of the local property tax and rates.

KCC operates their swimming pools via an arms-length management company which is profitable, anyway.
    https://www.duedil.com/company/IE434322/kildare-sports-and-leisure-facilities-limited/financials

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Combined population of Leixlip/Celbridge/Maynooth/Kilcock is bigger than Limerick city and not a public pool to be seen between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Living in Celbridge 12 years, been a member of Clondalkin, Citywest and now Westgrove, Clane, in that time.
    All to get a regular swim in.

Clane is very reasonable at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭NedNew2

Swimming pools are a public community facility and do not cost a fortune to run, in fact often leisure centers (those with a swimming pool, gym, sauna etc) often make money or are self sufficient.

In my opinion every town with 10,000 people or more should have a leisure centre

Advertisement