Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual sim: UK and Irish sim

Options
  • 16-03-2016 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi,

Is it possible to use an UK (Giffgaff) and Irish (Lycamobile) sim in one phone? I have a Samsung s4 mini and already have the UK sim in it but want to also use it for my Irish sim.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

galgal07 wrote: »
    Hi,

Is it possible to use an UK (Giffgaff) and Irish (Lycamobile) sim in one phone? I have a Samsung s4 mini and already have the UK sim in it but want to also use it for my Irish sim.

Thanks

I'd say so if the phone is unlocked. As far as I know the s4 mini is a dual SIM standby phone - as in both SIMs are active in standby mode but only one active when a call comes in. (The other goes to voicemail or busy).

I have a dual SIM phone. Works with both Irish/Irish SIMs together and also Irish/UK without bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

Do u mind me asking what type of phone has dual sim as I have a uk and roi number?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

Do u mind me asking what type of phone has dual sim as I have a uk and roi number?

Sure NP. I have the Alcatel Idol 3 5.5 inch - 6045K. Great phone in my opinion. There is a 4.7 inch version - 6039K which is ok but not as fast. Make sure they are the K models as the Y versions are single SIM.

Also the new Idol 4 6055K is a very nice phone at 5.2 inch and not that expensive. The top range Idol 4 6070K is very expensive though.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Oneplus 3 is a nice phone with dual sims.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

Thanks folks - Is there anywhere I can buy a a dual sim phone in a shop in Dublin or does it have to be online?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Dual sim doesn't seem to be a feature mentioned on the various providers website. I'd say you'll need to pop into the shops, or maybe give them a call. Try carphone warehouse perhaps, they'd have a mix of providers.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Thanks folks - Is there anywhere I can buy a a dual sim phone in a shop in Dublin or does it have to be online?

Pretty much every phone sold here with the exception of Apple authorized sellers and Argos is sold by or via a network. Dual sim isnt a feature they particularly want so you tend to only get them online.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

galgal07 wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks

Most/All Dual SIM phones are unlocked. The networks do not realy send dual sim phones.

Advertisement