Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus + JetBlue check-in questions

Options
  • 16-03-2016 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I'm a bit confused about checking in for our DUB->BOS->MCO (then MCO->JFK->DUB) flight.
    It involves Aer Lingus (IRL<->USA) and JetBlue (within the USA).

Online check-in is not avaliable, it says check in at the airport.

My questions are:
    • Do I need to check in separately for JetBlue or will it all get handled at Dublin airport?
    • Will they check me in for the return flights as well?
    • Do I need to claim my bags at BOS/JFK between Aer Lingus and JetBlue?
    • Do we really need to be there at the airport 3.5hrs before departure? (both ways?)
    Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

xboxdad wrote: »
    Hello,

I'm a bit confused about checking in for our DUB->BOS->MCO (then MCO->JFK->DUB) flight.
    It involves Aer Lingus (IRL<->USA) and JetBlue (within the USA).

Online check-in is not avaliable, it says check in at the airport.

My questions are:
    • Do I need to check in separately for JetBlue or will it all get handled at Dublin airport? They should check you in for both flights provided they are both on the same booking.
    • Will they check me in for the return flights as well? No, you have to check in for the return flight on the way back.
    • Do I need to claim my bags at BOS/JFK between Aer Lingus and JetBlue? You clear customs and immigration in Dublin with AerLingus so your bags should be checked all the way through.
    • Do we really need to be there at the airport 3.5hrs before departure? (both ways?)Yes, you will definitely need to be there 3.5 hours beforehand both ways.

Thanks for any help!

Answers in bold.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

January wrote: »
    Answers in bold.

Thank you very much!

Advertisement