Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal Bests in different length pools

Options
  • 16-03-2016 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

I'm using Swim Smooth for training plans and do a CSS test about every 6 weeks
    So far all my pool swims have been in a 25m pool but this week I'm away and have the chance to train in a 50m pool. I can't/don't tumble so turns would be similar in either pool
    This coincided with a CSS test and there was a nice difference. Nothing monstrous but pleasing all the same.
    What's the consensus among you more experienced folk?
    Is there an advantage/disadvantage to a longer pool?

I'm keeping the PB by the way. I'll find out in a few weeks on the next test

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Shorter pools are faster.
    Deeper pools are faster.
    Colder pools are faster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Kurt_Godel

Is there an advantage/disadvantage to a longer pool?

Everyone is much faster in a shorter pool, its a matter of degrees how faster.
    I'm keeping the PB by the way.

Noone will take it away from you. But you have a 50m PB, and a 25m PB, and they are very different things.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,828 ✭✭✭griffin100

If your CSS was faster in the 50m pool over your last one in a 25m then that shows a big improvement. As the lads say you're always slower in a 50m than a 25m one, unless your touch turns are shocking and are slowing you down hugely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

Thanks lads

Advertisement