Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United V Liverpool BT Europe and Elsewhere 8pm

• 16-03-2016 10:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

The second biggest clash in the month of March, after Batman V Superman.

Both will end with whole cities levelled and in the deaths of millions.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Liverpool to score at least two goals in this tie.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Liverpool to score at least two goals in this tie.

Pretty bold prediction right there. Toby would be proud of that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Would be great to see an early Pool goal, followed by the exodus from the Stretford End.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Who's Batman and who's Superman? I want us to be Batman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Just want to throw this out there, I have no faith in Liverpool getting through here. Utd will be too much for them and blow them away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

Liverpool to dominate and overwhelm Utd. Again.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Who's Batman and who's Superman? I want us to be Batman.

We're Wonderwoman and Utd are Alfred. Batman and Superman are still in the Champions League.
    Everton are The Green Lantern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

There will be plenty in Red tomorrow :D:D:D

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    We're Wonderwoman and Utd are Alfred. Batman and Superman are still in the Champions League.

I'm out of my depth here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

OwaynOTT wrote: »

Arsenal Aquaman?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Liverpool will score at least one so United are out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'll be Sheena.

It's all on Man Utd to take the initiative so it'll be interesting to see if they actually go for the throat from the off or just wait for Liverpool to get bored/lazy/nervous and pounce

Can see Utd score a few but may find it hard to keep Liverpool from scoring

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Arsenal Aquaman?

no xmen origins wolverine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Will there be a wall of white this time from the utd fans or just a white flag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Nah the grass is better this week so they will be better

PR stunt. It worked well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,479 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

9d8a82bfffff79b7c229eb64437aa314.gif

Need to come at them from all angles. Get that goal/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

9d8a82bfffff79b7c229eb64437aa314.gif

Need to come at them from all angles. Get that goal/

I'm really not sure what it says about me, but that gif is kinda hawt.

So are we Liverpool fans confident of getting through? We should see it out, but i'm always in a worse case scenario mode in these situations.

As far as i'm concerned, Moreno gives a penalty away in the first minute and gets sent off. They go one up and it's game on.

• Advertisement

So are we Liverpool fans confident of getting through? We should see it out, but i'm always in a worse case scenario mode in these situations.

As far as i'm concerned, Moreno gives a penalty away in the first minute and gets sent off. They go one up and it's game on.

I'm reasonably confident, but I still don't trust us enough to fully believe we will see the job through. I think we have enough quality though to get a goal and remove most of the doubt. As long as we can keep 11 on the pitch we should have enough to get through.

5starpool wrote: »
    I'm reasonably confident, but I still don't trust us enough to fully believe we will see the job through. I think we have enough quality though to get a goal and remove most of the doubt. As long as we can keep 11 on the pitch we should have enough to get through.

Yeah, scoring tomorrow is obviously the key. If we do, that will be it. That's why Firmino should start imo. He doesn't seem to do much throughout, but ends up scoring or setting one up anyway. I think he's going to be an amazing player next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Looking forward to it, quietly confident united can nick a couple of goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

corwill wrote: »
    I'm really not sure what it says about me, but that gif is kinda hawt.

Do you like getting hit in the face by big wet balls?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

McGrath5 wrote: »
    Looking forward to it, quietly confident united can nick a couple of goals.

Yeah UTD are the form team going into this one :pac:

Saying nothing about the outcome until 10pm tomorrow night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

That's yer ma in that gif, that is.

Nah, likes balls exploding on his face, he does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Heading over to this tomorrow. Liverpool score first and it's goodnight I think. However if we go at Liverpool hard from the start even if it means taking a bit of a chance on the counter and we get an early goal I think it will shake Liverpool's confidence a bit and if we can get at their back four which we didn't do last time out they are vunerable. Of course it will also help if LVG picks the right team, Fellaini and Morgan as the two CDMs again and you may as well forget about it. Herrera has to start for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,479 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Should be a good fight unlike first game.
    Good prediction here
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSPNQ82Sq4E

I'd have to agree..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Doesn't matter who wins. This is Seville's competition. You don't steal someone else's beer at their own house party.

So they're duffman

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

7/1 can be had for United to qualify tomorrow. An early goal would make things interesting..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

A lot of people from both sides pretty confident that Liverpool will score at least once. I disagree. Playing at home they only scored via a defensive howler of a clearance and a 50-50 shout for a peno which could easily not have been given. United have one of the best goalkeepers in Europe and if Liverpool are restricted to long range efforts which I expect they will be for a good period of the game I don't see him getting beaten.

I'm predicting a United clean sheet and have no ide if they'll score or not. So I'll say 0-0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

8-10 wrote: »
    So I'll say 0-0

I could live with that :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

United will need to score in the first 15-20 mins.

Who am I kidding, it's United!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

0.0 half time guaranteed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,404 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

ScummyMan wrote: »
    7/1 can be had for United to qualify tomorrow. An early goal would make things interesting..

Emotionally hedged for €10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Emotionally hedged for €10

Tenner well spent, really.

I'm hopeful that Klopp will have the lads fired up tonight, and that they can push on again from some recent good(ish) form.

I'm fearful that we see one of those inept performances up front, and United peg us back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

ScummyMan wrote: »

That's not a bad price but it's probably a fair reflection on how van Gaal sets up his teams. I think we'll have to get very lucky to score 2+ and not concede.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

The co-efficient is safe, friends. That's all that matters. Enjoy!

• Advertisement

Hope it is the Liverpool who went to Manchester to play Man City that turns up tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

United would have to play like Liverpool did in the last leg, and Liverpool would have to stand around doing nothing and praying our keeper kept us in it, like United did, for this to even out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

I'd say this will be 2.1 United with us going out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

The co-efficient is safe, friends. That's all that matters. Enjoy!

What if Lazio won the Euripa League and City and Pool/United went out at the next stage? Is 4 points just too much for one club to make up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

L'prof wrote: »
    What if Lazio won the Euripa League and City and Pool/United went out at the next stage? Is 4 points just too much for one club to make up?

Seemingly so.

Its on the Sky Sports site exactly how its calculated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

This tie is over. I'm just hoping for three things tonight.

- Utd fans behave themselves,
    - Utd don't get humiliated
    - LVG get's sacked

I'll settle for any two of the three. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Going to go for a 1-2 win for Liverpool

If Klopp has even a modicum of managerial nous he will set Liverpool up to sit tight and try to hit Utd on the counter. We have seen numerous times this season how nervous the Utd fans and players get when they don't get an early goal.

Utd players are demoralised and deflated after enduring 2 years under a manager who's style and approach has resulted in slow, limp and hugely ineffective football. At this stage they all know LVG is a gonner, most likely at the end of the season and possibly sooner if results really start to spiral.

If ever there was a chance for Liverpool to turn Utd over at Old Trafford it's tonight.

Utd have become the richest nothing team in the world under LVG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,639 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

An early goal for liverpool to settle my nerves and make those pints so much nicer, please

Hope it is the Liverpool who went to Manchester to play Man City that turns up tonight

Any of the 6 results vs the 2 Manchester teams this season so far will do Liverpool tonight, although a couple of them would make it a nervy night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Does anyone know what US channels are showing this? I'm in Chile and trying to figure out if I can watch it in my hotel. They have ESPN and Fix Sports.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement