Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United V Liverpool BT Europe and Elsewhere 8pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

emmetkenny wrote: »
    If you had have went one up and needed two more to go through when Fergie was in charge I can garuntee you would have pinned us back and bombarded our goal with shots and crosses until we crumbled.

I don't think a lot of the United fans realised how lucky they were to have such a great manager for such a long time.

If we had Fergie we'd be in a champions league quarter final not getting knocked out of the Mickey Mouse champions league by a poor enough Liverpool side.

The plus you guys have is you got rid of your incompetent manager, we've let ours wipe out two seasons .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

JustTheOne wrote: »
    What's giggs at, trying to give it the biggie with 2 mins left and 3 goals needed:)

Not the first time he's pulled this stunt, was it against Norwich back in December? Putting distance between himself and van Gaal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

ricero wrote: »
    Cringe from giggs

Hilarious! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Yes.

Happiest I've ever been with a draw, United in freefall.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Beastermc

martyos121 wrote:
    Hope we get Bilbao in the last 8, would've said Sparta Prague but they were great against Lazio tonight.

I wouldn't really be hoping for Bilbao now (haven't seen the other teams who are through, but off the top of my head, winner of Braga fenerbahce would be more favourable IMO). Bilbao have some really good players and are in decent form in the league. They're a bit like Everton, good players,capable of some silly results but on their can give anyone a game, especially at home. I watch them a lot. They'd be one to watch, even if they were poor tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,592 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

LFC 'fans' throwing seats

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

DDG the best player on the pitch over both legs of the tie.

Probably says it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Holefully Batman v Superman ends in more explosions and devastation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Van gal looks a broken man. Feel bad for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Gutted wanted the win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Pity we couldn't get the winner for Herr Klopp.

Tale of two keepers tonight. Best in the league with a marvelous save to deny Lindegaard when the game could have swung the other way, and then De Gea.

Let operation thread shutdown commence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

SlickRic wrote: »
    DDG the best player over both legs.

Probably says it all.

My motm tonight as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Sounds like a small incident - LFC in the Utd end and police protecting them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

emmetkenny wrote: »
    If you had have went one up and needed two more to go through when Fergie was in charge I can garuntee you would have pinned us back and bombarded our goal with shots and crosses until we crumbled.

I don't think a lot of the United fans realised how lucky they were to have such a great manager for such a long time.

Damage was done from the first leg, Id find it hard to believe we would have put on such a pathetic, toothless display as we did last week, under Fergie.

ricero wrote: »
    Rashford has been found out

Very harsh on the lad. This is what, his 4th or 5th senior appearance? He is played as a lone striker in a game we need a minimum of 3 goals, with no service and the 'senior' players in the squad playing like a bunch of cowards.

Probably says it all.

"Madrid bound" DDG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Augme

Good draw for United after the first leg. That will give them a bit of confidence going into their match against City on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Hearing You'll Never Walk Alone being belted out while we see United out of Europe. Out playing them over two legs. Our fans being sound. Just being a better team in general.

Feels good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,479 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

You could say we murdered them over the two ties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Augme

Probably says it all.

Sahko for me. DDG was woeful for Liverpool's goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew

The lack of excitement from Liverpool fans is soul destroying and says it all.

Pity we couldn't play Utd every week :(

Easy stuff in the end.

Fun thread too, cheers all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,592 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

niallo27 wrote: »

I don't :( Need to get shot of Giggs too.

Scrap the cap!

Pitch size and grass quality didn't really have the effect Herrera was looking for.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

RoboKlopp wrote: »

Easy stuff in the end.

Sooner play City! 7-1 agg this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

**** you united. Take that ye pricks.

Give me the yellow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

hogandrew wrote: »
    The lack of excitement from Liverpool fans is soul destroying and says it all.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Liverpool extremely wasteful tonight tonnes of lame efforts on goal with as much space and time to pick a spot as they wanted. Enjoyable game though United looked nervy most of the match

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Easy stuff in the end.

So you want draws every week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Hahaha. Beautiful.

Out ta fuck.

rob316 wrote: »

Give me the yellow.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Well done Liverpool. Damage done in the first leg, United never looked like turning that deficit over.
    2 shíte teams to be fair, one was just less shíte over 2 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

niallo27 wrote: »
    Only unsophisticated football fans can't understand the unique philosophy that Van Gaal brings to the game. To judge him on his true merit, he needs at least another 3 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Easy stuff in the end.

Soups123 wrote: »

38 points would likely make them safe from the drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

Irwin thinks Utd were the better team tonight, clearly was watching a different game. Maybe he means DeGea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Probably says it all.
    United's best signing, by a country mile. If it wasn't for him, they'd be in mid table now. They need to hold onto him if Madrid come calling again this summer. Which they (Madrid) probably will.

*edit* That should have read signing in tonight's side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Interesting stat but Liverpool are unbeaten in Europe against Utd. That's over 50 years! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Honestly can't see what Fellaini is supposed to offer United at all. For someone with such an obvious physical advantage, he's never a threat from corners because he's so static, his touch is awful, he has no pace and you only really notice him when he's elbowing someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Rob Thomas

Well that's that. United played relatively well but don't have the quality to get the goals they need, or to keep them out at the other end.

To be honest the Liverpool goal ended the tie and really Liverpool could have easily won the game. United made a fist of the first half but they always looked loose at the back. We saw the real Smalling tonight, back to the indecisive efforts of old.

I wouldn't be too bothered about the subs, Valera was due that mistake all game and Rojo was struggling when he was changed too. I think there was a case to take out Lingard, he was poor enough on quality. Fellaini was OK in the first half to be fair to him but that was being efficient rather than inspiring and he let himself down with the elbows again. And it was probably no harm to rest Carrick

All in all, a better performance (not hard). And the expected exit. The season is really whimpering out. I think West Ham will win the replay, we will finish 6-7th in the league and LVG will retire in the summer.

Soups123 wrote: »

Europa cup is 2 legs.

Has been for quite a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,053 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Great result, comfortable really in the end.

Get in !!

• Advertisement

Starting to become a fan of Lovren.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

rob316 wrote: »

Give me the yellow.

I'm nearly sure that translates to..

Unlucky lads, there is always next year.
    Best of luck against West Ham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

You clearly don't understand the LVG phiosophy, a football tactical genius :pac:

I think I probably understand it better than you do. He doesn't deserve half the stick he gets from fans. Woodward is the villain here. People who think LvG is the problem are wrong. Take him out and appoint Giggs and I don't think he's guaranteed to win a league or European trophy either.

LVG is an excellent manager in a tough role that he probably shouldn't have taken given the deep-rooted problems that United seem to have behind the scenes.

He's not in his prime anymore but just like the comments about Trapattoni a couple of years ago, it's completely ignorant and dismissive to label a coach of his experience and success as a complete joke. He's misplaced, yes. Doing a poor job, yes. But is he in the realm of ridicule? Definitely not based on his previous achievements

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Europa cup is 2 legs.

Has been for quite a while

The league isn't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

martyos121 wrote: »
    He hasn't been great, but in fairness all of us would've jumped at the chance to sign him at the time as well.

If he had anything left in him Pep wouldn't have let him go.

He's only at OT to collect a retirement package and eat all the pies.

Seems to be going according to plan fairly well, from his perspective that is!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,333 ✭✭✭Ardent

NukaCola wrote: »
    Starting to become a fan of Lovren.......

Playing very well under Klopp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

LOL. How'd ye get on in the league against them this season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,479 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

scholes5001-1.jpg

Honestly can't see what Fellaini is supposed to offer United at all. For someone with such an obvious physical advantage, he's never a threat from corners because he's so static, his touch is awful, he has no pace and you only really notice him when he's elbowing someone.

He's like a lad you see brought on in a gaa Junior match to knock the **** out of the opposition star player. He's not a player who would get into a top team in the league.

As an opposing fan hopefully he isn't dropped anytime soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

scholes5001-1.jpg
    "Why don't they just play better" :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement