Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United V Liverpool BT Europe and Elsewhere 8pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Tie is over. There's no way this Utd team will turn the result around.

Wish this was some sort of reverse psychology malarkey but unfortunately this is the reality under post Ferguson Utd and indeed Van Gaals Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Tusky wrote: »
    Does anyone know what US channels are showing this? I'm in Chile and trying to figure out if I can watch it in my hotel. They have ESPN and Fix Sports.

It's on Fox Sports 1 in the US.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

C'Mon Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

adox wrote: »
    It's on Fox Sports 1 in the US.

Hmmm. Are Fox Sports and Fox Sports 1 the same I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Blind and Herrera both out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Blind and Herrera both out

The grass must have been too good for Herrera

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    The second biggest clash in the month of March, after Batman V Superman.

Both will end with whole cities levelled and in the deaths of millions.
    Best OP ever!
    FutureGuy wrote: »
    United will need to score in the first 15-20 mins.

Who am I kidding, it's United!
    History has show us it only takes 6 minutes to score 3 goals:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Best OP ever!

History has show us it only takes 6 minutes to score 3 goals:pac:

Not sure if I translate well outside the sap club, definitely don't think I'll do well in post of the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,479 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Look what Bayern did to Juventus . They were 0-2 down and came back to win, and United have a much better manager than Bayern.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

I expect a facile Liverpool victory, probably a similar 0-2 result with de Gea keeping the score respectable again. Better manager, better players in 9 or 10 positions, better form including an easy win against these a week ago, I dunno what Liverpool fans are worried about...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

sabat wrote: »
    I expect a facile Liverpool victory, probably a similar 0-2 result with de Gea keeping the score respectable again. Better manager, better players in 9 or 10 positions, better form including an easy win against these a week ago, I dunno what Liverpool fans are worried about...

We are more than capable of absolutely capitulating under pressure, that's what we're worried about. I don't think I could go outside tomorrow if we let this lead slip.

All the pressure is on us, it's our to lose.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Ya, Liverpool are still far from a reliable team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Would be absolutely gutless from Pool if they let United back in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

i smell another Bayern - Juve encounter just like last night! :P

5star02707 wrote: »
    i smell another Bayern - Juve encounter just like last night! :P

You'd have to ask serious questions of Klopp if he can't figure out how to hold a two goal lead against this badly managed United team

Give us the ball, kick it back to De Gea if necessary, then blitz us on the counter after we faff around with the ball outside the Pool box for 10 minutes amassing the all important 60% possession stat.

It's 101 on how to beat United and plenty of teams have put it to practice this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

this is on Setanta Ireland too right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

this is on Setanta Ireland too right?

It is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Bret Hart wrote: »
    It is.

Thread title had me worried!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Thread title had me worried!

That's understandable,it's not the most informative title I must say. Coverage starts at 7,kick off at 8:05.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

disgraceful. Utd fans are as bad as Chelsea

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/710511072315314176

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

You'd really have to wonder about some people........I wouldn't tar a whole fanbase though, I'd argue no reasonable person would think that is ok......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Don't give us that horse****. If utd can get beat a mid table team 2-0 at home. Utd have every chance tonight. Slight favourites tonight for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

niallo27 wrote: »
    Don't give us that horse****. If utd can get beat a mid table team 2-0 at home. Utd have every chance tonight. Slight favourites tonight for me.

0sQ9h.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Slight favourites tonight for me.

To win the game or the tie? No way they are favourites to win the tie.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

MD1990 wrote: »
    disgraceful. A few Utd fans are as bad as Chelsea

TBF.

Every club has some knuckle dragging assholes supporting them, its not a new trend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

zerks wrote: »
    0sQ9h.gif

You telling utd cant beat a mid table team with ****e players 2 nil at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

disgraceful. Utd fans are as bad as Chelsea

high-horse.gif

You telling utd cant beat a mid table team with ****e players 2 MIL at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,053 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

sabat wrote: »

Inconsistent performances have littered our season, for evey fine performance we have had there have been as many 'Watford's' and 'Newcastle's'
    If we turn up and play as well as we can we'll walk all over utd, we have the better team and a far superior manager, we just need to keep the heads and play our own game.

Perhaps a bit unfair of me to call all the Man Utd fans a disgrace. But the chants last week were so loud it was definitly more than a few & now this banner as well. Uefa have to take some action.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

How many million of us turned up at the bridge to hang up the banner? Sorry I couldn't make it lads.

Perhaps a bit unfair of me to call all the Man Utd fans a disgrace. But the chants last week were so loud it was definitly more than a few & now this banner as well. Uefa have to take some action.

No perhaps about it!

:P

Id agree 100%, the problem is that its very difficult to prove who was and wasnt chanting.

In an ideal world people filmed chanting the crap about Heysel, Hillsborough or Munich should be lifetime banned, thats the only way it will be eradicated but as I said, barring multiple cameras filming every section it would be nigh on impossible to prove who was guilty of it.

If it does start up again tonight Id hope the non asshole fans will put a stop to it pretty quickly.

what more excuses are some Man Utd fans going to make or just some terrible jokes instead? I guess things like this just happens:rolleyes:

what more excuses are Man Utd fans going to make or just some terrible jokes instead? I guess things like this just happens:rolleyes:

Who is making excuses?

Who is making excuses?
    Zerks said last week it just happens when talking about the chants.

Zerks said last week it just happens when talking about the chants.

That's not an excuse, it's a fact. Unless you can predict who is going to be an arsehole then it will always just happen.

They are no doubt looking for a reaction from the Liverpool fans, they did not get it last week so trying their best this week knowing if they get that reaction then they can hide behind they do it too.

They are no doubt looking for a reaction from the Liverpool fans, they did not get it last week so trying their best this week knowing if they get that reaction then they can hide behind they do it too.

Yeah because Liverpool fans are perfect.

It's most likely the same breed of arsehole that was chanting last week. I doubt they care if Liverpool fans are reacting or not.

That's not an excuse, it's a fact. Unless you can predict who is going to be an arsehole then it will always just happen.
    its a fact some Man Utd fans are moron's I agree with you. I presume you will be starting another new account on boards if ye are knocked out tonight:p

• Advertisement

Yeah because Liverpool fans are perfect.

Where did I say that?

Where did I say that?

So basically you are criticising United supporters for a stance you also hold yourself?

This is comical

its a fact some Man Utd fans are moron's I agree with you. I presume you will be starting another new account on boards if ye are knocked out tonight:p

As are some Liverpool fans. My account is none of your business and not up for discussion here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

There is no moral high ground to be took by Liverpool fans here, the faux outrage is embarrassing tbh.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Those type of chants are bad, no matter who are singing them, I think we can all agree.

Now, back to the game tonight.

Will Milner come back in tonight? If so I assume for Lallana or Coutinho as Firmino and Sturridge are surely definite starters. I think Moreno is our only new injury worry. Smith at left back if it comes to it will hopefully be ok as he has been whenever he has played this season so far, but still pretty inexperienced at this level.

As are some Liverpool fans. My account is none of your business and not up for discussion here.
    All sets of fans have a few but in the last year its been more so Chelsea & Man Utd fans making headlines for the wrong reasons. Hopefully both clean up there act soon & start getting punished by Uefa.

• Advertisement

Ah so it's a your fans are worse than ours arguement Iol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

They are this week.

Laughable stuff alright. We should be ashamed of ourselves because 2 or 3 people in another country hung a distasteful banner on a bridge.
    Hang your head in shame with me Rayne.

Not really. I just hope Liverpool fans don't respond tonight as its disgraceful behaviour.

I'll be checking out of this mess now, it's only going one way. Enjoy the game lads.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement