Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heat-Sink & Fan Upgrade

Options
  • 16-03-2016 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭

Hello there folks.

Specs...

Xps 630i
    RAM - 8gb
    CPU - Q6600 2.4ghz overclocked to 3.4ghz but wanting overclock to 3.6ghz
    PSU 750 watt
    Graphics - GTX 750
    Raid 0 500GB striped

At the moment on the stock cooler I can run the system good at the overclock of 3.4ghz but need to overclock it a bit more than this. So I was wondering if you folk could give me a good recommendation on a good cooling heat-sink fan cooling system that I could use with this ATX board for this 630i desktop.

Thanks

Bong.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Looking at this
    http://www.maximumpc.com/operation-upgrade-how-we-rebuilt-three-old-pcs-part-by-part/

Seems a Cooler Master Hyper 212 series might fit.
    Don't quote me though.

You'd get better results spending money on a GPU or SSD upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Yeah I'm not sure such an incremental oc is worth spending money and time on?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

My recommended heatsink is "start saving up for a new PC" :o

My God did the world get a good run out of those OCd Q6600s... but even a 50% OC isn't going to triumph against the fact that even low-end stock chips can run circles around it at this point :o

Advertisement