Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What type of criminal would you be?

Options
  • 16-03-2016 11:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭

If you've fallen on hard times or just fancy a career change what type of criminal activity would you get involved in to pay the bills? Would it be selling drugs, phishing, insurance scams maybe, a confidence trickster, a pimp, good old fashioned robbery? A politician maybe as most seem to think they're the biggest crooks in the country? Endless opportunities to make crime pay so what's it going to be?

I think maybe I'd go for armed robbery, stick 'em up kinda thing.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Don't want to kick the thread off by being the ultimate mad bastard, but I probably wouldn't pay my TV license.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Scooby Doo criminal.

An I'd of gotten away with it, if it hadn't of been for you meddlin kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

They'd call me 'The Gardener' because I'd always leave a rose at the scene of the crime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

salt watering coke machines and receipt scams, left handing the odd item past the cashier.crime pays

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Decent, salt-of-the-earth type wot does over banks and post offices wiv pickaxe-handles and sawnoff shotguns, innit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭Stigura

Solicitor. Banker. Courier. The choices are endless.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

One who doesn't get caught preferably. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

The type that would steal your heart babe <3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

A TD lol ROFL smrt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

Mr. Steal-your-girlfriend.

Theft is wrong right? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

A modern day war criminal, but not as bad as Bush or Blair ~ more your Ariel Sharon, murder a few thousand unfortunate Palestinians from time to time and right before facing justice I'd have a stroke and die in old age.

But since the worse I've ever done in life is get three penalty points for speeding, I'd probably just be a speeder collecting penalty points from time to time.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Hans Gruber : The Nakatomi Towers would be a heist in the classic mould.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Simon2015

I'd print my own money.

Id like to think id be a Walter White when in reality id probably be more of a Walter Mitty :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

One of those ****ers who the cops know is durty but keeps the head down and they can't get a hand on

And then goes all respectable and buys a nice house on the same road as the commisoner

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Smooth.

With a kick ass white suit.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

According to the RSA free speed surveys 98% of drivers break the law.

You can get up to five years for having a recording device in a cinema. Like a cameraphone. And there are lots of other copyright laws we may have inadvertently broken.

Lots of people haven't paid their TV licences or water. And has anyone received money from friends or family without declaring it for tax ?

We are already criminals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

I'd go on the game and I'd be the best rent boy auld lad in town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Tony Soprano. I reckon I'd be good at it. Wouldn't **** around on my bitch wife and make her be all "mwaaah, TONY", wouldn't get all mickey-swingy-competitiony with people and cause all sorts of problems for myself, just quietly and politely engage in some handy extortion and gambling stuff from a distance and definitely redecorate my house and eat a bit less food and enjoy myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭Heckler

Charlie undercover in Its always Sunny

• Advertisement

The crime genre in film is odd.

Take "HEAT", a bunch of murdering bastards who kill minimum wage workers for money yet we root for them. At least I did. I wanted Kilmer to get away.

But when its on our doorstep bank robbers are scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,508 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

A sociopathic serial killer with a heart of gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'd be a robber robber, robbing from robbers.
    And a murderer murderer.

Andy ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 215 ✭✭ceecee14

I'd probably mug auld wans at family members funeral. If your gonna be a scumbag may as well do it right

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

biko wrote: »
    I'd be a robber robber, robbing from robbers.
    And a murderer murderer.

What do we doo with murderers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Drugs .......... the money comes fast and easy and there's plenty of it!

The goal would be to set a target figure, get that amount and get out before you get too big to be ignored by the other piranha's in the pond ......... the Gardai aren't really a problem as you'd practically have to hand yourself in before they'd notice you ........ even then it takes years for them to complete their "investigation". :rolleyes:

Once out, with the planned amount of profit, you need a plan to clean the money ....... either a small business (think chipper, corner shop etc.) that, on paper, is hugely profitable for a couple of years before selling up and retiring once you've managed to bank enough cash ......... or a small legitimate investment that gives you a steady reliable income without having to work too hard.

The problem is, once you're in, the business/money gets addictive and you end up forgetting about your exit plan ........... then one day you're retired by a competitor and you're worse off than ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Easca Peasca

White collar crime all the way :cool: I'd rather rob money wearing a three piece suit than a balaclava :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

I'd rob cheese and sell it at a cheap price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭sandra06

getaway driver love to have a fast car ;)

Advertisement