Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

advise needed

• 17-03-2016 1:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 305 ✭✭

my neighbour has a husky ,the poor dog is left on his own all day and night outside ,his owner comes home once a day for about 10 mins and feeds him ,the dog cry non stop its cruel on the dog ,about 2 yrs ago the dog escaped and was found and brought to the vet the vet said he was at least 3 stone underweigh but dog was given back to owner ,,the ispca have been called about dog loads of times and every time they visit all they say is he got food and shelter ,the guards have also been called same answer from them ,,,where do we go from here other neighbours have comfronted owner and he told them to f off ,,it awfull that this dog is been treated like this and it seems there is nothing we can do any advise please its just not fair on the dog to be left alone all the time crying outside ,,its terrible to hear and not be able to do something

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭Dinky22

Its so nice of you to be so concerned Sandra. If the ISPCA will not help there is very little you can do. I don't know where you live but I don't think that the local pound could/would do very much. Is there any way you could approach this neighbour and offer to take the dog for a walk?. I know it would be difficult for you but you would, at least, be trying to do it for the dog. A walk would make such a difference to the dog. I used to walk the dogs at the local pound and it made such a difference to their lives. I agree its a difficult one but please try - be really nice to this awful neighbour when offering to take his dog for a walk. You have nothing to lose but maybe something to gain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

If the dog is making noise that could be considered a nuisance you can bring the owner to court. You've already approached them like they ask you to do first, so next step is to fill a form in : http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/environment/animal_welfare_and_control/control_of_dogs.html

Trouble is the guy will probably take it out on the dog - the outcome seems bleak. Of course I agree about taking the owner to court but just try the other approach first. He seems a horrible man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 305 ✭✭sandra06

Dinky22 wrote: »
    Its so nice of you to be so concerned Sandra. If the ISPCA will not help there is very little you can do. I don't know where you live but I don't think that the local pound could/would do very much. Is there any way you could approach this neighbour and offer to take the dog for a walk?. I know it would be difficult for you but you would, at least, be trying to do it for the dog. A walk would make such a difference to the dog. I used to walk the dogs at the local pound and it made such a difference to their lives. I agree its a difficult one but please try - be really nice to this awful neighbour when offering to take his dog for a walk. You have nothing to lose but maybe something to gain.
    i will try this thanks a million

Sandra would you ever let me know the outcome. You are wonderful to give it a try. At least, you will know that you have your very best for this unfortunate dog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 305 ✭✭sandra06

Dinky22 wrote: »
    Sandra would you ever let me know the outcome. You are wonderful to give it a try. At least, you will know that you have your very best for this unfortunate dog.
    will do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

So sad,, nice that you are looking out for the dog... Hopefully someone will help

Advertisement