Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 4), March 18-19 & EA Sports Cup 1st Round

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Just a heads up to RTE Televison and Radio, Bohs ARE at home this weekend. Make sure you don't trek to Ferrycarraig and miss the first half hour again. Plebs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Big match tomorrow in Tallaght.

Win this and it could give the lads the confidence needed to go on and do well this year.

Lets hope it's P4 W4 by 22:00.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

If Rovers give away the chances that Wexford had, our neighbours will be heading off with the three points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

dfx- wrote: »
    If Rovers give away the chances that Wexford had, our neighbours will be heading off with the three points.

Let us hope so although I think it will be a draw tomorrow night, even though we have kept two clean sheets in the last two games I still have a few questions over our defense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

If we can't beat Wexford Youths tomorrow I'll be worried for this season even at this early stage. We're no longer the "surprise package" but we're still playing like we are.

A huge overhaul in tactics needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Need to be able to get a result Saturday to kick start the season, especially to a team who just shipped 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I'm hopeful of a draw tomorrow, we're getting up to speed and nearly got the draw against Dundalk. Optimistic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

That_Guy wrote: »
    If we can't beat Wexford Youths tomorrow I'll be worried for this season even at this early stage. We're no longer the "surprise package" but we're still playing like we are.

A huge overhaul in tactics needed.

What's the parking situation around Dalymount these days? Not too good on walking long distances.

What's the parking situation around Dalymount these days? Not too good on walking long distances.

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure pal. I guess your best bet would be to park in the Phibsborough shopping centre though I'm not sure if there's a limit on parking there.

Hedigans (a pub just on Hart's Corner) has a car park. I'm sure it'd be fine to park in there. About a 10 minute walk to Dalymount from there. Other than that, I don't know bud because I don't drive myself and usually bus it up.

Connaught St or St Peter's Road literally are on the boundaries of Dalymount Park. You'll get a spot there fairly handy or one any of the adjoining streets, a two minute walk for your tickets then up the lane near the school.

https://www.google.ie/maps/place/7+Connaught+St,+Phibsborough,+Dublin+7/@53.362547,-6.2759059,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x48670dd63e58e2f9:0x3011b809531d3212

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭simonw

Omackeral wrote: »
    Connaught St or St Peter's Road literally are on the boundaries of Dalymount Park. You'll get a spot there fairly handy or one any of the adjoining streets, a two minute walk for your tickets then up the lane near the school.

https://www.google.ie/maps/place/7+Connaught+St,+Phibsborough,+Dublin+7/@53.362547,-6.2759059,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x48670dd63e58e2f9:0x3011b809531d3212

Any time I have a car with me I park around Avondale road, plenty of spaces there too, just depends which direction you are coming from!

https://goo.gl/maps/tK2zdyLf9QD2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Very quiet buildup to the Dundalk v City game. I believe we have the players to win the game if Caulfield will allow them to go out and play ball, history tells us this wont be the case though. Id snap your hand off for a draw now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

CHealy wrote: »
    Very quiet buildup to the Dundalk v City game. I believe we have the players to win the game if Caulfield will allow them to go out and play ball, history tells us this wont be the case though. Id snap your hand off for a draw now.

Both teams are trying to find their feet this season and the managers are trying to keep everyone grounded.

I honestly couldn't tell you how it is going to go.

Cork have practically a new team, and will be the better for it once they players bed in. With so many new players there will be a bit of inconsistency in the beginning.

I suspect that Caulfield will set Cork up cautiously. He won't want to be six points behind so early in the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

kksaints wrote: »
    Let us hope so although I think it will be a draw tomorrow night, even though we have kept two clean sheets in the last two games I still have a few questions over our defense.

Thankfully I was wrong. Super win for us tonight.:)

Great game at Dalyer. Happy with the draw and that we managed to find the net again. Not too upset to have thrown away the draw. Our third goal looked a definite foul to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Finally beat Dundalk in a competitive game under Caulfield, mentally, that is huge for us.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Crazy game in Dalymount. Ref didn't have a clue what he was doing.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Jim McKell wasn't it? Typical enough for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Finally beat Dundalk in a competitive game under Caulfield, mentally, that is huge for us.
    We had our chances in the opening half but were poor second half and the expected late onslaught never really materialised. Rivalry seems to be intensifying with each season. Quite a niggly match and even the managers were giving it socks to each other. Horgan very good tonight for us but we had quite a few average performers. Five teams leading at the top and no 100% records left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

He had a nightmare.

Prendergast had a nightmare.

Ben Muhammad bossed the 2nd half. He was a joy to watch.

Their 3rd should have been disallowed, our peno was never a peno.

We can't defend corners or balls into the box. It was like deja vu from Monday.

How many foul throws did the Wexford youths number 2 get away with. ****ing disgrace. Every. Single. One. Was. A. Foul. Throw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Good for Corks confidence won't really impact on ours as it took a fairly lucky pen decision to beat us. Both teams were fairly poor though with Dundalk only team trying to play any football. Zero cutting edge from us again. We're lucky our rivals don't seem to be up to a whole lot so we have a chance to retain. Im not confident at all we will though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

doncarlos wrote: »
    Good for Corks confidence won't really impact on ours as it took a fairly lucky pen decision to beat us. Both teams were fairly poor though with Dundalk only team trying to play any football. Zero cutting edge from us again. We're lucky our rivals don't seem to be up to a whole lot so we have a chance to retain. Im not confident at all we will though

I thought we had plenty of cutting edge when McEleney and Horgan were on the pitch.

Our right side was poor all night. However, I would give Dooley a lot of credit for that. Despite deserving a red card after 30 seconds, he was Cork's best performer.

I was disappointed with the balls up to Kilduff in the second half. That is not his game and he showed why.

Ref was inconsistent all night, giving Cork a soft penalty but denying Kilduff a blatant one. That is the LOI for you.

Anyway, it was Cork's night. They got the rub of the green and saw out the game well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,053 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Another great 3pts from Derry tonight.

Didn't play overly well but good to get a 3Rd consecutive victory.

Team showing plenty of heart and togetherness, even though the performance wasn't great.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Jaysus we look really poor so far. KMW was surprisingly awful.
    Waterford look a lot better than last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I'd like to introduce you all to Shamrock Rovers new mascot for 2016.

toothless-how-to-charm-your-dragon-with-a-toothless-necklace_0.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Great to see us nullify Dundalk's strengths last night and leave them with not very many chances at all. Peno was absolutely the correct call, Massey's arm was down and then went up when the ball came across, it wasn't 'blasted' either as some have said. O'Donnell very lucky not to have sent off about 3 times, not sure how he stayed on the pitch. Can't believe people thought Kilduff should have had a penalty, it was blatant a dive as you will see trying to win one.

Limerick gave Cobh a real pasting, 6-1. We only drew with Cobh in pre-season, Limerick must be looking pretty good.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Limerick gave Cobh a real pasting, 6-1. We only drew with Cobh in pre-season, Limerick must be looking pretty good.
    Think it's a fight for the playoff spots already. 15 goals in three games for Limerick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Sligo Rovers 1 - 1 Finn Harps.

Abandoned with about 5 minutes to go due a floodlight failure. Tweets from Sligo Rovers saying league committee to decide if match declared a result or if to be replayed.

• Advertisement

Glad with a point, it's a start. Relieved Byrne was dropped moreso. The season begins

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Sligo Rovers 1 - 1 Finn Harps.

Abandoned with about 5 minutes to go due a floodlight failure. Tweets from Sligo Rovers saying league committee to decide if match declared a result or if to be replayed.

I've seen photos from the show grounds from after the floodlight failure and the pitch is still brighter than a lot of first division grounds

dan1895 wrote: »
    I've seen photos from the show grounds from after the floodlight failure and the pitch is still brighter than a lot of first division grounds

Hard to tell lighting situations from photographs in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

Yea it wasn't that bright! Still would have been playable though if the ref allowed (given the time left). Given there was only 3mins left it would be stupid to replay that.

Sligo had been well on top first half, should have been out of sight. Came well back into it second half and were on top really. Our usual tho, pressed but hadn't created that many clear chances. Great strike by Dee for our goal. Feckers turning off the lights then before we could get the winner :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

It was definitely playable. Unfortunately though after a great first half with loads of chances, we just seemed to sit back in the second half, amd it was only a mater of time before Harps scored.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Rovers played so much better than last week and lost 0-2. Pats were poor, but they got the opening goal and the second was a top quality striker finish, that alone deserved to separate the sides.

I think Tomás Connolly was the only person who thought it was a penalty to Rovers when he gave it, but got there in the end. Linesman really didn't help him who really should've made it clearer.

• Advertisement

DrumSteve wrote: »
    How many foul throws did the Wexford youths number 2 get away with. ****ing disgrace. Every. Single. One. Was. A. Foul. Throw.

Foul throws don't seem to be given at any level of the game these days. Craig used his long throw all last season and this season so far. I've never seen one called as a foul.

As for Jim McKell, he is a qualified LOI referee.... :(...
    "And that's all I have to say about that"

Iv said it before an easy way for the FAI to improve the spectacle on the pitch in LOI... Train the refs properly

overshoot wrote: »
    Iv said it before an easy way for the FAI to improve the spectacle on the pitch in LOI... Train the refs properly

I don't think it is all about training on the technical aspect of the game. A lot of these lads/lasses need it explained to them in great detail that a match is not all about THEM!. I could name at least 3 refs who appear to think that THEY are the main reason a match is taking place and need to be involved in as much controversy as possible

knew i was missing something obvious with my post elland!

Harps Sligo result stands.

There are a few EA Sports Cup fixtures down for decision tonight. Galway are 3-0 up inside 20 mins thanks to a hat-trick from Pauric Cunningham.

Latest scores

Galway 3-0 Mayo League
    Shelbourne 1-0 Cabinteely
    Drogheda Utd 0- Bluebell Utd

• Advertisement

Final Scores

Galway 3-1 Mayo League
    Shelbourne 5-0 Cabinteely
    Drogheda Utd 0-0 Bluebell Utd*

*Bluebell won 4-3 on penalties

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Bluebell knocked Drogheda out 4-3 on penalties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Heard we were poor on Friday, luckily I was over at Cheltenham so didn't have to endure the tripe!

Some more League Cup results

Cobh Ramblers 2-4 Limerick City
    Bohemians 3-1 Longford Town
    UCD 0-2 Bray Wanderers
    Finn Harps 1-0 Cockhill Celtic

Also, in the Leinster Senior Cup

Shamrock Rovers 0-2 Collinstown.

Happy to get a win. This lack of Alan Byrne thing seems to be working somewhat. Hopefully can up it again vs. Sligo on Saturday

Omackeral wrote: »
    Also, in the Leinster Senior Cup

Shamrock Rovers 0-2 Collinstown.

:eek::eek::eek:

but also...

:D:D:D:D:D

Collinstown were apparently 11/1. The magic of the Leinster Senior Cup.

Congrats to Collinstown, poor showing from Rovers u19s really.

Advertisement