Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unable to update my meter reading online?

Options
  • 17-03-2016 4:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi,
    I received my estimated electricity bill today, however the estimated reading was inaccurate.

Despite twice trying to update my account to the correct reading, it refuses to confirm that it's been updated. Please can you let me know how long this usually takes to correctly update on your system?

Many thanks

Kerry

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi silvara,

Thanks for your post.
    silvara wrote:
    Despite twice trying to update my account to the correct reading, it refuses to confirm that it's been updated. Please can you let me know how long this usually takes to correctly update on your system?

If you submitted accurate readings shortly after the estimated bill issued, an amended bill would normally be generated within a couple of working days, after which time it would be available online to view (if you are an online billing customer) or sent by post.

If you would like us to have a look at your account to double-check whether the reading was received, we would just need you to confirm the following details for us by private message:
    • Your account number
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • Your full name as it appears on the account
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)
    I hope this helps.

Regards,
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭silvara

Hi silvara,

Thanks for your post.
    Originally posted by silvara

If you submitted accurate readings shortly after the estimated bill issued, an amended bill would normally be generated within a couple of working days, after which time it would be available online to view (if you are an online billing customer) or sent by post.

If you would like us to have a look at your account to double-check whether the reading was received, we would just need you to confirm the following details for us by private message:
    • Your account number
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • Your full name as it appears on the account
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)

[*]
    I hope this helps.

Regards,
    David
    [*]
    Thanks David, PM sent :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ForEffsSake

hi,
    I've had exactly the same problem and it's been ongoing since last November. It worked fine when I submitted readings before that and I would get the new updated bill online within days. I let it go because I thought maybe it was because I sent the customer reading on my phone. When the next estimated bill arrived, I submitted the meter reading through a PC and still hadn't received an updated bill before payment was taken. 
    I called customer service and gave them my meter reading in the end. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi ForEffsSake,

Thank you for getting in touch.

If a customer sends us a meter-reading when they receive an estimated bill, there should be no issue with releasing a corrected bill - and we do regret if there was an error in this regard for you. If a customer sends us a meter-reading before their scheduled bill, and it is too close to the date of the scheduled bill, the customer's meter-reading will be rejected by the system as it is too late; however they can send another meter-reading on receipt of their scheduled bill if it is estimated. Sending in a meter-reading midway between bills is no issue either, if a customer needs an interim bill.

If the customer pays by direct debit, it would be important to get the accurate meter-reading to us straightaway, as the bank needs to be given sufficient notice not to collect the bill for the estimated amount.

Do let us know if you have any further queries. We are here on Boards.ie and other social media until 6pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays). We can also process meter-readings.

Kind regards,
    Una

________

Advertisement