Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ok to bring stepladder to parade

Options
  • 17-03-2016 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

Hi - thinking about bringing my 3 small kids into the parade for the first time today but worried they won't be able to see for the crowds. Would bringing in a small two-step ladder work? Or what do other people do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

sapper wrote: »
    Hi - thinking about bringing my 3 small kids into the parade for the first time today but worried they won't be able to see for the crowds. Would bringing in a small two-step ladder work? Or what do other people do?

Get in early or go to upstairs in a fast food outlet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

For the kids? Bring it. Just use common sense where you put it.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Strong Life in Dublin

Ehh probably best to go in early and get a good spot because it you'll end up blocking some poor sods view

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Step ladder up.
    Crowds pushing.
    Kids and daddy fall off step ladder!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Lots of people had stepladders yesterday, hope you and the kids enjoyed the parade OP :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

miamee wrote: »
    Lots of people had stepladders yesterday, hope you and the kids enjoyed the parade OP :)

The OP got pushed off the ladder and was crushed along with the kid. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

I gave out about this thread at work. 'Jaysus how stupid dahdeedah'. My entire team took turns in telling me it's what their Da did for them on Parade day. Suffice it to say I was put well and truly back in my box :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

I hope his real ladder got to go too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭maryishere

I saw some at the parade in previous years (I was in Wicklow this year on St. P. day) but I think it is safer to arrive early and get a good spot where you will not need a ladder. Hope the OP got sorted anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

am in a similar position to the OP in bringing in 3 kids to the parade. What is a reasonable time to be in by to have a chance of a decent spot? I'll be coming from the south circular road direction so will probably aim to get in somewhere along the Kevin St or Patrick St part of the route.

• Advertisement
Advertisement