Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Irish water spaniel pup

Options
  • 17-03-2016 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭

This is the newest addition to the family

9weeks old and can't keep her nose out of the ground

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Nice one, may you have years of joy and success with her

• Registered Users Posts: 9 rafferju

any idea where I could get a IWS pup?

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭useurowname

Lovely, may she serve you well for many years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

rafferju wrote:
    any idea where I could get a IWS pup?

They are hard got with most litters sold before pups are even born. There is a few Irish litters planned for next year including my own bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 rafferju

thanks for coming back to me,what do you think of the dog as a hunter /retriever?

• Advertisement

rafferju wrote:
    thanks for coming back to me,what do you think of the dog as a hunter /retriever?

Fabulous hunting dog. My one finds deer I shoot will hunt all day long and has already retrieved pheasant duck pigeon and rabbits I shoot with the .22. A true all rounder and not 2 years old yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Pat McGroin

How's it going. I had a man onto me this morning about getting an IWS pup.
    He's looking for an out and out working strain .
    Any chance you could share a bit of info on some breeders out there?
    He's a genuine shooting man and won't waste your time.
    Cheers .
    Pat

Sorry I don't have a list of breeders as IWS pups are hard got with some people on waiting lists for 2 or 3 years. There is no difference between show and hunting lines in the IWS family like there is in other breeds. They are working or not which means any working dog can be shown. Probably his best bet is he could join a facebook page "Irish water Spaniel litters and announcements" some people bring pups ( if they are lucky enough to find one) back from Europe or England or even the States.
    My own bitch 2 years this month is just out of heat and i will be breading her the next time she's in and I already have several enquiries for her pups from near and far. I wanted her to finish out the hunting season before breeding her. She is pure hunting strain on both sides with her sire owned by one of the top Irish water Spaniel breeders of working lines in England for the last 40 odd years and the dam also from top working lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Pat McGroin

Sorry I don't have a list of breeders as IWS pups are hard got with some people on waiting lists for 2 or 3 years. There is no difference between show and hunting lines in the IWS family like there is in other breeds. They are working or not which means any working dog can be shown. Probably his best bet is he could join a facebook page "Irish water Spaniel litters and announcements" some people bring pups ( if they are lucky enough to find one) back from Europe or England or even the States.
    My own bitch 2 years this month is just out of heat and i will be breading her the next time she's in and I already have several enquiries for her pups from near and far. I wanted her to finish out the hunting season before breeding her. She is pure hunting strain on both sides with her sire owned by one of the top Irish water Spaniel breeders of working lines in England for the last 40 odd years and the dam also from top working lines.
    Thanks for the info. .
    If you want to pm me your number I'll pass it on to him and ye can chat about a pup maybe?

Thanks again for the reply.

Advertisement