Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LED backlit mirror - Lights fading

Options
  • 17-03-2016 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

Sorry, if this is the wrong forum!

I purchased a backlit mirror last year for my en-suite. I spent over €350 on it so was expecting a well built product. Over the last few days I've noticed that the light has faded and it barely lights up the room now so I have to use the main light. None of the bulbs seems to have gone and they're all lighting, but with half the light. I'm looking for my receipt and will return to shop when I find it.

But, is this normal for LED lights to fade like this? Could it be anything to do with the connection to electric mains?

Comments

Is the lense dirty?

LEDs fade to 80% after 2500 to 5000 hours service (depends on manufacturer rating). I had a headtorch for 10 years I noticed a significant reduction on output.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭chewed

Is the lense dirty?

LEDs fade to 80% after 2500 to 5000 hours service (depends on manufacturer rating). I had a headtorch for 10 years I noticed a significant reduction on output.

I'm not sure what you mean when you ask "Is the lense dirty?"

Also, I've only had it 1 year so it would only be turned on briefly each night, so no where near 2500 hours!

Oops I meant 25,000 - 50,000 hours

The lense/diffuser is the material between the light source and the atmosphere. Usually glass or plastic.

Advertisement