Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't see my bill after switching to another provider

Options
  • 17-03-2016 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi,

After getting the Eir Contract change letter notifying me of price increases I decided to switch provider. I called the Freephone number indicated on the letter within 2 days so I could change without early cancellation penalties. 

Yesterday I received the usual email letting know that my new bill is available - my bills have been around the same amount since I've opted for unlimited broadband so I was unpleasantly surprised to see this time it was much higher. When I tried logging into my account to view the bill I realised I couldn't see it as my account was ceased. I don't get paper bills and I need to see what I'm being charged for before I let the DD go through.

I also received a text message this morning telling me that my usage was quite high and I and to contact Eir to make an advance payment or I would risk my service to be interrupted (If anything it should be lower as my phone service switched to new provider on 4/3/16 and my efibre - including evision - stopped working on 9/3/16 - therefore already interrupted!!!).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Stop the direct debit until they explain it to you

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sophielc

Well I called today (the freefone number first who confirmed me I wouldn't be charged penalties, and put me through to the billing dept as I wanted to query that last bill), and as I was half expecting €80 of the bill is for early ceasing charges!

The person in billing dept told me he had no record of me calling the freephone number on 4/3/16 (of course stupid me didn't take down the name of that person I talked to on 4/3 but I clearly remember him telling me to call again when my new service starts).

Now they're telling me (because they can't find a record of the call on 4/3/16, surprise, surprise!) that I didn't follow the correct procedure - saying my new provider switched the service before I informed them - I am fuming as that is blatant lying!

I told them I'd cancel my DD as I'm willing to pay what I owe but there's no way I am paying for the early cancellation: the fact they can't find a recording of my phone call is someone at Eir not doing their job properly - even though I'm more inclined to think staff at that level are competent at their jobs and that's it's management trying to find every trick in the book - even lying - to deliberately overcharge their customers (not sure whether I can avoid paying though, as the bank might tell me they need 30 day notice:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

sophielc wrote: »
    Well I called today (the freefone number first who confirmed me I wouldn't be charged penalties, and put me through to the billing dept as I wanted to query that last bill), and as I was half expecting €80 of the bill is for early ceasing charges!

The person in billing dept told me he had no record of me calling the freephone number on 4/3/16 (of course stupid me didn't take down the name of that person I talked to on 4/3 but I clearly remember him telling me to call again when my new service starts).

Now they're telling me (because they can't find a record of the call on 4/3/16, surprise, surprise!) that I didn't follow the correct procedure - saying my new provider switched the service before I informed them - I am fuming as that is blatant lying!

I told them I'd cancel my DD as I'm willing to pay what I owe but there's no way I am paying for the early cancellation: the fact they can't find a recording of my phone call is someone at Eir not doing their job properly - even though I'm more inclined to think staff at that level are competent at their jobs and that's it's management trying to find every trick in the book - even lying - to deliberately overcharge their customers (not sure whether I can avoid paying though, as the bank might tell me they need 30 day notice:(
    Hi spohielc, 

I'm very sorry to hear of the issues you are having. 

Feel free to PM me your details and I'll look into this for you.

Thanks

Tracey 

Advertisement