Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Finance/Accountancy Graduate - Online Course

• 17-03-2016 1:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27

Hi,I graduated from college nearly 4 years ago with a Bachelor's Degree in Finance/Accountancy.Since leaving,I haven't had any experience in Accountancy ,I worked in the Insurance industry as a broker for 2 years & currently working as a Data Administrator. I'm now looking for advice with relation to getting back to the Accountancy part-time, are there online courses that I can do,I'm thinking of doing the Accountancy exams,perhaps the ACCA, however as its been 4 years,my knowledge in Accountancy wouldn't be up to scratch.Any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 325 ✭✭tanit

If you are trying to keep going towards Chartered or Certified Accountant, all the bodies have options to do the courses online. The body that looks more heavily invested in online tuition appears to be CPA and I heard great things about some of the courses offered. But Chartered Accountants and ACCA also have very good offers about online courses.
    If you want to check CPA just go their website and check under information for prospective students and the same for Chartered Accountants.

For ACCA I would recommend Griffith College. I haven't done anything online with them but I have done evening classes and they were great. They offer CPA online and they might also offered ACCA online too.

Just check the exemptions you can get with each body and the costs involved in full. ACCA might be the most expensive body from the student point of view but you have the option of paying little by little taking less subjects at different times of the year. But definitely just compare everything and go for the one that suits you best. I think they are all more or less the same at the end of the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27 stevob77777

Thanks for that advice, i'm off the next few days so will look into it further.

I wasn't too sure where to look for online courses or what colleges provide them.I'm leaning towards the ACCA, you seem to have more flexibility in both exams & payment.

I'll definitely do a comparison of the accountancy bodies + see where i'll go from there.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Not sure how exemptions work exactly with ACCA, but with your degree I'd imagine you only have to take the final 5 Professional level exams. (you may have to take maybe 1 of the Fs but I'm not sure).

But assuming 5 or 6 exams, you could probably be finished in a year and a half or even less since there's quarterly exam sessions now.

Advertisement