Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Kawasaki Sports Tourer

• 17-03-2016 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭

Well, as the thread title says,
    Was on the N4 going into town the other day, saw a nice bike, was trying to get a better look at it from my car, but just couldn't, couldn't keep up either.

Fortunately the lights held the person up and I got a glimpse that it was a Kawasaki, nice looking bike but couldn't see the front, large pannier cases, nice exhaust. Was going to just post here but googled what I thought the category was and came up with Kawasaki Concours, says its a 1352cc bike?

Anyone come across these? well one person has anyway 2009 version.

I considered it a bit of a head turning bike, one of the nicest I've seen, not sure if 1352cc is the only engine size, will do a bit more googling, never saw or was aware of them before this.
    (seems they're out since 2008).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Not much use now but take a note of the reg and stick it into Motorcheck or Cartell and it'll tell you what the vehicle is.

It's the GTR here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Rode the 2015 GTR brand new with full luggage in McCallans late last year was not overly impressed with the bike, it was comfortable sure but lacking and felt very bland and not particularly quick for such a big bike. And my boots where hitting the crash bars in the normal resting position which would be a nightmare touring on it. Its a lovely looking bike all the same....but for that cash no way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

A lot of cash and not a lot for your money. Its supposed to be a sports tourer but doesn't even have cruise control. I was very close to buying one just recently but couldn't get over the horrible exhaust and acres of plastic on the top of the tank.

Advertisement