Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuam - Galway traffic

Options
  • 17-03-2016 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi,

Just got an offer of a fews days work per week in Tuam, 9-5 Mondays and Tuesdays.

I'm just wondering about the traffic situation coming back into the city at around the 5.30 - 6pm mark. I know it's generally tough to get out of Galway at that hour, is it as bad coming the other direction?

I've also heard that Claregalway is a complete bottleneck during busy periods. Best avoided? Any alternate routes I should be using?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

What area of Galway are you getting back to? It shouldn't be too bad for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Mahell

Mars Bar wrote: »
    What area of Galway are you getting back to? It shouldn't be too bad for you.

Knocknacarra

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Mahell wrote: »
    Knocknacarra

This is the best route to avoid Claregalway.
    https://goo.gl/maps/GauosLeFPun
    It's obviously going to be busy when you reach Terryland approaching the bridge, so pick your poison on routes from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭eezipc

You will be fine going into Galway either via the map shown above (my preferred route) or via Claregalway because at that time the traffic is not too bad going to Galway.
    However, you will be smack bang in the middle of rush hour by the time you get to Galway so you will not be able to avoid any traffic by the time you hit the city.

Advertisement