Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawn mower repair

Options
  • 17-03-2016 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,230 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know a place to get a lawn mower repaired in the city? it's not petrol just regular push type. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

You could try Ivor's motorcycles in Shantalla- phone first to make sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,898 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Be careful. A repair might cost more than it's worth & it might be impossible to get parts. What make is it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,230 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Yeah. I know how much repair will cost vis a viz price of new one. It is just a basic maintenance check as it drags a lot but I know if the cost of it is going to be X then I will know it is not worth it. A bit like gettijg a shoe repaired. ( Who gets shoes repaired nowadays?). Was flabbergasted to find out how much it cost to get a shoe repaired once. It was almost the price of a new pair. Lesson learned.

What make is it & what do you mean by it drags ?

Discodog wrote: »
    What make is it & what do you mean by it drags ?

It won't push properly; the blades get churned up/don't revolve and if I force it I plough up the grass. Make? Can't remember. But it's not a Qualcast or simiiar sized one. They cost around 40-50 Euro. This one cost about E100.

I might give Ivors a buzz. I remember a long time ago ago I took a mower to a fellow in Mervue who did a good job on one.

But if it costs X Euro to sort it out, I might as well dump the fucngik thing.

• Advertisement

Sounds like it needs a clean, regrind etc.

Discodog wrote: »
    Sounds like it needs a clean, regrind etc.

Yeah, that's what i reckon but don't know how much it will be.

Advertisement