Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 6 | Episode 14 | Twice as Far [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options

Comments

How is this season coming along? I got bored a few episodes back. I might binge it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

When they arrived at the fallen tree and decided to ditch the pick up to walk the Forrest/railroad to their destination, why didn't they just drive on the railroad?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Yakult wrote: »
    When they arrived at the fallen tree and decided to ditch the pick up to walk the Forrest/railroad to their destination, why didn't they just drive on the railroad?

the truck didn't have a plot device fitted. It was stupid. They could have driven around or over the tree or dragged it out of the way or driven on the railroad tracks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

I usually don't mind the usual walking dead stupidity but honestly him not being able to drive a manual car is just annoying. I'm sure even Americans who have never used a manual gearbox even think that's a ridiculous moment.

American here. Nope, totally believable. My dad won't drive outside the US because he finds manual cars so difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I liked Denise but that's probably because I couldn't seperate her from her character in Nurse Jackie.

Most people don't tend to like the more normal characters like her. Generally, it's the more cartoonish characters like Terminator Carol, Shaolin Monk Morgan, Sniper Daryl, Samurai Michonne that get all the love. Glad that Carol is starting to crack though, her character was in danger of jumping multiple sharks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

the moment they took her out i was like yep gonna die

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'm sure glad the Crossbow is okay!

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭maik3n

Yeah I didn't remember Matthew McConaughey's mutant brother either
    Hehe, during the great walker migration/re-location effort at the start of season 6, Daryl, Abe and Sasha got separated.

Daryl, out fending for himself, was then captured by Dwight and his 2 lady friends.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4719674/mediaindex?ref_=tt_pv_mi_sm
    1 lady friend was killed by a walker and Dwight and the other lady friend then car-jacked Daryls motorbike. :cool:

Judging by the scar on Dwights face, I'd hazard a guess that perhaps Negan caught him and punished him for trying to run away.
    Dwight probably blames Daryl for this and/or Negan has ordered him to get revenge for Daryl sending an RPG at his motorbike minions. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Well most of my thoughts on the episode have already been posted, but here's a couple of things I noticed:

They didn't show any hint of some sort of funeral for Denise. I don't think it merited more than the sight of a few of the group walking away from the grave, including maybe Gabriel holding his bible...instead we just got Carol and Daryl grimly filling in the hole with nobody else there or no 'due ceremony'. I guess this is to signify how jaded the group have become with death. Denise wasn't a major character but we've seen them hold funerals before, or at least pass comment by a graveside. It seems like the group now accept that death is inevitable, so no need to make a big deal about it, I guess?

Also, did I miss something or did Carol just take up smoking recently? I don't ever remember seeing her smoke before that episode when the Wolves attacked and she lit up at the end of the episode, IIRC. Is this part of her coping strategy for the new phase she's entering?

I also thought that Josh McDermitt was a hoot on TTD. Sometimes it's so refreshing to see people who are so different than the character they portray :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Found it a bit weird that Dwight went from a guy running away from Negan to what seems to be a leader in Negans group.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Jofspring wrote: »
    Found it a bit weird that Dwight went from a guy running away from Negan to what seems to be a leader in Negans group.

In fairness there's a lot less competition for "leader in Negan's group" now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I'm starting to feel like I'm watching a different show than everyone else. I sat there bored for 45 minutes before anything interesting happened and then it lasted a whole 5 minutes. I get that it can't be a constant zombie-kill-fest but I'm finding it less and less entertaining as the weeks go by. Just my 2 cents...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I thought how Denise kept talking after the arrow was a nice touch.

Dandelion6 wrote: »
    In fairness there's a lot less competition for "leader in Negan's group" now.

We don't know that yet though. Could be hundreds in Negans group for all we know.
    smash wrote: »
    I'm starting to feel like I'm watching a different show than everyone else. I sat there bored for 45 minutes before anything interesting happened and then it lasted a whole 5 minutes. I get that it can't be a constant zombie-kill-fest but I'm finding it less and less entertaining as the weeks go by. Just my 2 cents...

Thought this week was the first really slow episode in a long while and it finished strong at least.

Plenty of plot wholes again though. Dwight running away 20 yards away from Rosita and Daryl, passing out abraham on the way and nobody managed to shoot him. It was a fairly easy kill considering he was running into open space and was a clear target.

The only annoying thing I have is the way the Americans, mainly celebs and people on the Talkign Dead keep going on about this show like its a masterpiece. I can get over plot holes but let's not make out like it's something that it is not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

The only annoying thing I have is the way the Americans, mainly celebs and people on the Talkign Dead keep going on about this show like its a masterpiece. I can get over plot holes but let's not make out like it's something that it is not.

In fairness a show like the Talking Dead which rides on the coattails and only exists due to The Walking Dead is hardly going to do anything but big it up!

As someone who read the comics online I acknowledge that there are some cartoonish aspects but I tend to just focus moreso on the strengths which reign through for me moreso than the plot holes. If, like a few posters here it seems, I focused moreso on what may be perceived as plot holes I wouldn't enjoy it at all!

I don't think many people think it's a masterpiece at all but it's doing its function of bringing alive the comics and it's doing more than a fine job in my opinion!

In fairness a show like the Talking Dead which rides on the coattails and only exists due to The Walking Dead is hardly going to do anything but big it up!

In fairness, it's great PR. He's done Talking Bad, Talking Dead and Talking Saul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

did they say they were negan?
    I may have missed that?

Mr E wrote: »
    I thought how Denise kept talking after the arrow was a nice touch.
    Really? To me it was almost as comedic as the opening scene to tropic thunder. It would have been much more effective if she'd been hit and just dropped as she was saying the last word.

Really? To me it was almost as comedic as the opening scene to tropic thunder. It would have been much more effective if she'd been hit and just dropped as she was saying the last word.

It does happen though in many such instances although the clarity of the words may not be as such

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

I was the same, was going poorly until near the end. Some parts were fine but overall it felt like nothing was happening until near the end. Not as good as the rest of the season but average overall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

Yeah, I can understand them not criticising the show or they won't get any cast appearances or footage but every episode of TD seems to act as if they had just seen the "BEST EPISODE EVER!". Chris Hardwick gushing about every single aspect of the show has really started to grate on me. Unless there's a cast member or guest that I think will be interesting I usually skip it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

The Talking Dead is connected to the show (I think) so are limited to what they can say. There's another one called The Knocking Dead online and they can be a bit more honest. Only saw one episode of it because they make you wait a few days if you arent a subscriber.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

The demise of Denise (sorry, couldn't resist!). I enjoyed it, glad that it wasn't a fully slow-paced episode. You could drive Dale's RVs through the plot holes, mind, and Denise's stupid monologue ("Life's about taking chances" - really? In an apocalypse where you have to be on your best game to survive) was cringeworthy. However, I'm reasonably forgiving of these things (esp as I watched episodes 13 and 14 back-to-back) and am looking forward to the last two.

Sorry I should have split up my last comment better. The talking dead bigs it up, understandably, but I have seen celebrities outside of the the show or talking dead on Twitter etc... raving about how amazing the story is, the writing and so on.

Maybe Dwight isn't part of Negans group but didn't we see him get picked up again by Negans group? He may have escaped in the mean time.

Sorry I should have split up my last comment better. The talking dead bigs it up, understandably, but I have seen celebrities outside of the the show or talking dead on Twitter etc... raving about how amazing the story is, the writing and so on.

Maybe Dwight isn't part of Negans group but didn't we see him get picked up again by Negans group? He may have escaped in the mean time.

No.last we saw him Daryl helped him escape what must of been in himdsight the Saviours and subsequently rob Daryls bike and crossbow and head off with his missus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

No.last we saw him Daryl helped him escape what must of been in himdsight the Saviours and subsequently rob Daryls bike and crossbow and head off with his missus.

Also, hadn't he started a fire to escape Negans group or something? It would make sense if they burnt him for punishment, explaining the face.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

cjmcork wrote: »
    2 observations - how could Denise's brother be 6 months older than him (unless she was seriously premature) and did anyone cop Daryl's tricolour arrangement of his arrows
    Seen the flag, I thought she said 6 months as well, but it just had to be my hearing, and my kids hearing, and my partners hearing. It's weird so many people misheard it.
    arayess wrote: »
    did they say they were negan?
    I may have missed that?
    Yep, last week bald guy at the end said he was Negan, another two in the group said it as well. The lady who chain smoked told Carol that they were all Negan, basically insinuating that they are like a collective, potentially tying in with the military call signs they used in the radio. Whether this is a "I am Spartaus" thing or whether its a clever plot by that group to spread the fear of Negan wider, ie he/she appears to be everywhere at once etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Pretty weird they killed the doctor. It pretty much means they'll have to get another doctor in to save some unexpendables from certain death. I reckon Hilltop is gonna get blown away so Alexandria will inherit their baby doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

CramCycle wrote: »
    Seen the flag, I thought she said 6 months as well, but it just had to be my hearing, and my kids hearing, and my partners hearing. It's weird so many people misheard it.

I heard "six minutes" on my first time hearing it, but I found other snippets of dialogue difficult to hear (what did Rosita mumble when going to put down the bloke under the tree - something about "that happened fast"??). I realise it's hard to get good sound when filming outside of a studio, but surely a bit of post-production work could re-dub any patchy bits. I understand any zombie moaning is added in post production, so the main actors aren't put off their lines, so they do edit sound prior to broadcast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

I think she said something to the effect that the tree seemed to be rotten, it wasn't chopped down by people and it happened not too long ago.

Advertisement